Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Greg Cosell's Film Review: The ups and downs of Blake Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just gonna post this for anyone who didnt see it

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...00953.html

thanks.. will enjoy watching this.. The kid has so much potential.

Quote:thanks.. will enjoy watching this.. The kid has so much potential.

Agreed he does. Once he fixes his small issues, he could very well be a elite QB.
we are set at QB

This is interesting...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Bortles, whose mechanics slipped late in his rookie season, still has a little hitch in his delivery; he has a slight pause after he separates his hands and brings the ball back. And he's not as consistently precise with ball placement as he needs to be, so he misses some throws he has to make.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

I haven't really noticed this "hitch," but I'll keep an eye out for it. I'd be interested in hearing if others have noticed this, and if they see it the same way.

As for his "misses," it's not like they're that far off. Now a few of his deeper passes have floated a bit off the mark, but in his short-to-mid throws, his misses are more about ball placement. I recall how about one in five of Blaine Gabbert's passes was a good four yards off the mark, and those were shorter throws where he simply wasn't even close. Blake doesn't throw really bad passes like that. When he misses it's because the ball was slightly behind the receiver or the pass is just outside of the WRs fingertips. They're still misses, but De'Andre Hopkins would still catch them. And it's not like every throw... these are just the occasional bad throws that virtually ever qb has. I'm just saying they're nothing like the kind of bad throws you'd see from Gabbert, or Garrard for that matter. When you do see a pass way off the mark, it's almost always a WR issue like the WR slipped, or the WR didn't get his head around in time, or the WR totally misunderstood the route.

Wow, Hurns was wide open last week.
If there is one position that has definitely improved it's the QB postion and that's not just because the last 2 QBs were some tomato cans named Gabbert and Henne and the QB bar was so incredibly low is was almost impossible for the next QB not to be better then either of those 2.
Good review the only thing I would say is we saw Hurns was wide open last week, but that was also the play the right side of the line just collapsed and watt was coming at him hard, I really don't think he had time to make the play and IIRC he managed to get a 7 or 8 yard gain to Yeldon?