Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Since we're gonna suck this year with Gus, start cutting the fat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Play the young talent we have and see what they've got. People like gerhart, Mercedes, alualu and branch who have no long term future with this team need to start getting less PT and gradually phased out to bench duty.

If we're commiting another season down the down the drain, at least let's see who we can build with.
Ill agree with you when we are at the last 4 games and Gus himself has lost all opportunity to make a miracle 180. Gus deserves all opportunity to save his job. You do that by putting the best players on the field. 

Quote:Ill agree with you when we are at the last 4 games and Gus himself has lost all opportunity to make a miracle 180. Gus deserves all opportunity to save his job. You do that by putting the best players on the field. 

Dude, gus has had all opportunity to save his job for the last 3 weeks. He sucks.  No offense.  Actually No defense....  But I meant, don't be offended, when I said no offense.  Because we actually do have an offense.  Just our D stinks.  Oh and special teams ain't much to write home about either.
Quote:Dude, gus has had all opportunity to save his job for the last 3 weeks. He sucks.  No offense.  Actually No defense....  But I meant, don't be offended, when I said no offense.  Because we actually do have an offense.  Just our D stinks.  Oh and special teams ain't much to write home about either.

Google "Professionalism". Its what people in the NFL have. Its why Gus will be given every opportunity to save his job throughout the season. I wouldn't even rule out a last minute trade. 

And to address the defense issue, I think things would be much different had Fowler, Marks, and Miller all not been torn up through training camp and into the season. I'm not a fan of bradley's at the moment but I do wonder what could be if he had a top 10 DE getting after the quarterback. 

Quote:Play the young talent we have and see what they've got. People like gerhart, Mercedes, alualu and branch who have no long term future with this team need to start getting less PT and gradually phased out to bench duty.

If we're commiting another season down the down the drain, at least let's see who we can build with.

Agreed, since they committed to the dumpster fire, they may as well see what the roster looks like top to bottom.

Quote:Dude, gus has had all opportunity to save his job for the last 3 weeks. He sucks.  No offense.  Actually No defense....  But I meant, don't be offended, when I said no offense.  Because we actually do have an offense.  Just our D stinks.  Oh and special teams ain't much to write home about either.

That is fine, but Gus is the coach and they are going to try and win.  To expect them to give up 2 games out of first place in the division is ludicrous.  Gus had opportunities this year and so far has failed. There however are still opportunities available.  
[Image: 491439746-dan-campbell-answers-questions...1cyw%3D%3D]

Gus needs some of this guys juice

Quote:And to address the defense issue, I think things would be much different had Fowler, Marks, and Miller all not been torn up through training camp and into the season. I'm not a fan of bradley's at the moment but I do wonder what could be if he had a top 10 DE getting after the quarterback. 

Miller? I don't think he has missed time this year.

If the Jags had the defensive personnel of the 2012 Seahawks maybe Gus wouldn't look so bad. But he has to design a defense for the players he has, not the players he used to coach. Look at the three plays on defense starting at 6:15 left in the 3rd quarter.

Quote:Ill agree with you when we are at the last 4 games and Gus himself has lost all opportunity to make a miracle 180. Gus deserves all opportunity to save his job. You do that by putting the best players on the field.
i would actually disagree. That is the problem is those guys are not the better players. I would argue Abry Jones is better than Alu, Harbor is better than Lewis,, Smith is better than Branch, and D Rob is better than Gerhart
Quote:Google "Professionalism". Its what people in the NFL have. Its why Gus will be given every opportunity to save his job throughout the season. I wouldn't even rule out a last minute trade. 

And to address the defense issue, I think things would be much different had Fowler, Marks, and Miller all not been torn up through training camp and into the season. I'm not a fan of bradley's at the moment but I do wonder what could be if he had a top 10 DE getting after the quarterback. 

You play the hand your dealt.  We don't have fowler, and our front four doesn't get pressure.  So, I guess in your world, you just keep banging your head against the wall?  You don't believe in adapting to new realities?  Google "adaptation"...  Come on man, I'm not sure why you want to defend this garbage of a head coach.  But have at it.

He sucks, it's not changing in 2 months.  But whatever.  We'll suffer through this next couple months together.  We'll have cake and ice cream.  And I'll order the pizza.  But remember:  Pepperoni is for winners.
Okay, so when we reach the point of 'no return' and the season is fubar, then maybe that would be the time to essentially pull out those players who've been 'slugs' on the field (M. Lewis, Toby Gerhart, Alualu, etc) and play the younger rookie types. Essentially, concede the season and treat however many games we have left like pre-season games.

I'm fine with that, actually. I know there is going to be a 'woe and cry' at the thought of conceding games (even if the season is down the tubes) to give the backups some reps. So be it. I just don't want us to win the 'toilet bowl' games that will hurt our draft selection level when the season is already out of reach. We aren't there... yet; so lets hope for the miraculous to happen Sunday in London.

Wow, conceding games, penciling in a coaching change.  What a great fan base we have.

Quote:You play the hand your dealt.  We don't have fowler, and our front four doesn't get pressure.  So, I guess in your world, you just keep banging your head against the wall?  You don't believe in adapting to new realities?  Google "adaptation"...  Come on man, I'm not sure why you want to defend this garbage of a head coach.  But have at it.

He sucks, it's not changing in 2 months.  But whatever.  We'll suffer through this next couple months together.  We'll have cake and [TIRED JOKE RETREAD].  And I'll order the pizza.  But remember:  Pepperoni is for winners.

Adapting isn't up-heaving the roster halfway through the season. That's called tanking. Im not defending Bradley but Im also not sold on the fact that he is as bad as this team is performing. Its very true the best coaches make pizza out of complete crap but sometimes it just stinks too much. When bradley is fired, I want to make 100% sure that man will never be capable of winning a superbowl. It happened with Coughlin and it hurt. 

We threw away a 2 time superbowl winning coach that will likely be in the hall of fame. Think about that. Its HUGE we don't make that mistake again. 
Quote:i would actually disagree. That is the problem is those guys are not the better players. I would argue Abry Jones is better than Alu, Harbor is better than Lewis,, Smith is better than Branch, and D Rob is better than Gerhart
This a reasonable list of players that can and should be getting more playing time.  None of those current starters should be in the Jags long-term plans so why not let the younger players get a chance to show what they're made of?
Quote:Wow, conceding games, penciling in a coaching change.  What a great fan base we have.
Those darn fans always wanting to succeed.  How dare they!!
Right, so now that Gus knows he is going to be around all season he's just going to throw in the towel before the halfway point. Makes perfect sense.
Quote:Wow, conceding games, penciling in a coaching change.  What a great fan base we have.
Wow, thinking Gus would play along to his own demise. What a dumb fan base we have.
Quote:Adapting isn't up-heaving the roster halfway through the season. That's called tanking. Im not defending Bradley but Im also not sold on the fact that he is as bad as this team is performing. Its very true the best coaches make pizza out of complete crap but sometimes it just stinks too much. When bradley is fired, I want to make 100% sure that man will never be capable of winning a superbowl. It happened with Coughlin and it hurt. 

We threw away a 2 time superbowl winning coach that will likely be in the hall of fame. Think about that. Its HUGE we don't make that mistake again.

Where did I say anything about up heaving the roster?? I think we need to blitz more and get rid of the cover 3 zone we are playing which is not working!!

And if u think Bradley could even get us to win a playoff game, much less a super bowl... Man... I don't know what you drink or smoke on Sunday's... But wow. There is absolutely no chance we regret firing that pizza party organizing bum. I think once we fire him, a lot of people will wonder why we waited so long...
Quote:Where did I say anything about up heaving the roster?? I think we need to blitz more and get rid of the cover 3 zone we are playing which is not working!!

And if u think Bradley could even get us to win a playoff game, much less a super bowl... Man... I don't know what you drink or smoke on Sunday's... But wow. There is absolutely no chance we regret firing that pizza party organizing bum. I think once we fire him, a lot of people will wonder why we waited so long...

My observation on this thread? Anchorman has a tendency to read words that aren't there and fails to read what actually is.

The guy's point isn't that he wants to keep bashing his head into a wall, that the team shouldn't adapt, or that Bradley will ever be the head coach of a Super Bowl winning team. His point is the rather simple fact that there is no real reason to tank at this point, and it isn't likely to happen anytime soon, if at all. And additionally, if the coach is going to be fired, it best be because the owner and/or GM are certain that a coaching change is necessary, that another coach can get more out of what we have. As compared to Coughlin taking the brunt of the blame for our collapse at the turn of the millennium, while the team turned out to suck without him as well for a bit and he went on to further show how great a coach he can be. 

That was quite easy.
Quote:Those darn fans always wanting to succeed.  How dare they!!

Hold on, I thought winning was all that matters?  We can lose and succeed?  Now you are starting to sound like Gus Bradley.

Pages: 1 2