Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Worst player on the team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well we have a best player on the team thread...

Who's the worst?

I got Andre Branch. Literally zero impact. No speed around the corner, can't bull rush, no pass rush moves, gets pushed around. Complete non factor.
Jeff Tuel the only reason he is on the roster is because we're playing buffalo this week
Quote:Well we have a best player on the team thread...

Who's the worst?

I got Andre Branch. Literally zero impact. No speed around the corner, can't bull rush, no pass rush moves, gets pushed around. Complete non factor.

Clemons is worse than Branch. Also Cyp has to be in this discussion. He had a disaster game against TB, and then against Houston PFF credits him with 1 tackle and 3 missed tackles. That is impossibly bad. (This is assuming we're limiting discussion to players who are actually seeing playing time and not random backups). 

Quote:Jeff Tuel the only reason he is on the roster is because we're playing buffalo this week

<div> 
</div>

He's not on the roster, he's on the practice squad. 
Myers
Quote:Clemons is worse than Branch. Also Cyp has to be in this discussion. He had a disaster game against TB, and then against Houston PFF credits him with 1 tackle and 3 missed tackles. That is impossibly bad. (This is assuming we're limiting discussion to players who are actually seeing playing time and not random backups).

He's not on the roster, he's on the practice squad.

Nah Branch is worse. I've seen a couple plays from Clemons (which is still bad). Almost made a huge play making Foster fumble, but OF COURSE, nothing ever bounces the Jaguars way and Houston recovered. Branch doesn't do ANYTHING.
Clemons has played 262 snaps, 183 of them as a pass rusher. Branch has only played 98, 67 as a pass rusher. Clemons has had about 3x the amount of chances to make a play. 

(Neither should be getting playing time ahead of Smith or Davis, except maybe on running downs). .

Quote:Myers

This is probably a good answer... it seems like other teams with kicking problems just pick a guy off the scrap heap and he comes in and he's fine. I don't see the point in sticking with a guy who's missed 3 FGs and 2 XPs in 6 games. I don't care if he's a rookie. Kicker isn't a position that you develop and go through growing pains. You're either good or you're cut. 
Myers, Cyprien, and Clemons have had a lot of opportunity on the field. Myers has had a lot fo negative plays but also hit 2 fields goals including a 58 yard er that was the difference in our only win of the season.

What positive plays have cyprien brought to the team? He makes 3 to 4 missed tackles, bad angles, poor coverage plays for every one tackle he is supposed to make.

Worst player who plays.
Cyprien and Alu. Enough said.
Myers considering his impact has been negative...
Marcedes Lewis
I'm was thinking Josh Evans, but seeing as he beat out Sergio Brown... I guess Sergio.

Other contenders in my book are Beedles, Gerhart, Henne, Branch. Cyprien and Alualu. I'm not so hot on Roy Miller, either, but I'm not about to call him the worst.  Also, if Marquis doesn't man up and play come November 8th, I'm changing my answer to him.

I'm not mentioning bottom of the roster backups as I can't really judge them since they rarely play.

Quote:I'm was thinking Josh Evans, but seeing as he beat out Sergio Brown... I guess Sergio.

Other contenders in my book are Beedles, Gerhart, Henne, Branch. Cyprien and Alualu. I'm not so hot on Roy Miller, either, but I'm not about to call him the worst. Also, if Marquis doesn't man up and play come November 8th, I'm changing my answer to him.

I'm not mentioning bottom of the roster backups as I can't really judge them since they rarely play.

This is a good list. Roy Miller is astoundingly static. The anti Stroud/Big John. When you get gashed on the ground as needed, look at your strong side tackle. You think the pass D is suspect and our DBS are bad? Look up front, right in the middle of the D, that's the heart of the futility.

Gerhart getting 10+ touches, still, as if there are no other options to AT LEAST TRY? Thank you coach.
Slowby is unequivocally the worst player on our team, and possibly one of the worst RBs in the league.
Beadles is in the discussion. Sergio looked pretty bad against tampa. Cyp is just awful
Quote:Myers
When a kicker cost the team a game... he's the worst player on the team.
Hard to pick just one when so many are atrocious.  

If I had to limit it to one - Beadles.  Easily the worst offensive linemen, yet he's getting paid a small fortune to be a turnstile in the passing game and do absolutely nothing in the running game.  

Honorary mention to Gerhart who is getting paid $3M this year to do absolutely nothing except miss blocking assignments and give up sacks.  

1. cyprien and it's not even close, when you're picked where he was and you do what he has done.. just horrible

2. mercedes lewis, same thing + contract

3. alu

This is getting painful.

This is "built"?

Gerhart

Pages: 1 2 3