Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ernest Wilford Sighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ernest was never fast enough to be a long term NFL wide receiver, but he is surely fast enough to chase down a criminal.  Dude is now a cop for JSO.  Ran into him last night in uniform - looks bigger than ever and in great shape.  Really good to see a former Jag doing well as just an average guy.

Very cool and brave on his part for sure.

That is really cool.

So, the guy that touched a women and fought with police (while getting tased) is now a Sheriff Deputy?

He used to work with my wife

Quote:So, the guy that touched a women and fought with police (while getting tased) is now a Sheriff Deputy?
Like character was ever a requirement to be cop. Forbid someone changing their life around, right?
Quote:So, the guy that touched a women and fought with police (while getting tased) is now a Sheriff Deputy?

Pre employment training?
I got to know him when he worked in mortgages for a while after the NFL, and he was nothing but a complete gentleman.  He surely made a huge mistake at the Ritz a few years back - but the vibe that he gave to everyone at work was that he was a hard worker that was trying his best to succeed.  Can't blame a guy for that. 

Quote:He used to work with my wife

I also used to work with him in the mortgage industry. Wonder if I know your wife? Anyway, I was friends with the woman who sort of got him the job and she introduced me to him and we chatted for a bit. He shook my hand but it ended up being more of a hand/forearm shake. Huge mits!
Quote:I got to know him when he worked in mortgages for a while after the NFL, and he was nothing but a complete gentleman.  He surely made a huge mistake at the Ritz a few years back - but the vibe that he gave to everyone at work was that he was a hard worker that was trying his best to succeed.  Can't blame a guy for that.

Ok.... Was this at the 3 letter lender??
Yes Dana, it was at PHH.  :-)  

Quote:Yes Dana, it was at PHH. :-)

I keep forgetting its you Dan! Ha
Quote:I keep forgetting its you Dan! Ha

Quote:Yes Dana, it was at PHH. :-)

Real life names; acquired.

Soon, we will begin.
Quote:Real life names; acquired.

Soon, we will begin.

I knooooow! Might as well give my social and mothers maiden at this point!

He was only charged with misdemeanor resisting arrest.