Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So what happens to Marrone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think Shads infuriating decision to stick with Gus likely has a lot to do with Blakes maturation and selling this team to a new coach as something more cohesive than the dumpster fire it currently is. If we get 25TDs from Blake it might pique the interest of a lot of potential hires.

But in doing so, it seems like a vote of no confidence for Marrone. If Gus isn't fired by end of season, he's not going to get a shot at coaching.
Quote:I think Shads infuriating decision to stick with Gus likely has a lot to do with Blakes maturation and selling this team to a new coach as something more cohesive than the dumpster fire it currently is. If we get 25TDs from Blake it might pique the interest of a lot of potential hires.

But in doing so, it seems like a vote of no confidence for Marrone. If Gus isn't fired by end of season, he's not going to get a shot at coaching.
Who cares?

He wasn't brought in to be head coach and he quit his last gig at head coach. What makes you think he even wants to be a head coach again?
Not to mention Gus hired Marrone... his presence has no bearing on the interim coaching decisions of the team, as it shouldn't.
He had a head coaching gig. He quit. I'd say if the friggin o-line don't start run blocking better send his [BLEEP] packing. That's what he was brought here for.

Quote:He had a head coaching gig. He quit. I'd say if the friggin o-line don't start run blocking better send his [BLEEP] packing. That's what he was brought here for.
TBF....

Pass pro is way better this year (save for Beadles)
Quote:TBF....

Pass pro is way better this year (save for Beadles)
Agreed.
Quote:I think Shads infuriating decision to stick with Gus likely has a lot to do with Blakes maturation and selling this team to a new coach as something more cohesive than the dumpster fire it currently is. If we get 25TDs from Blake it might pique the interest of a lot of potential hires.

I doubt that Marrone was hired with the intent of having him replace Bradley. I mean, he was hired by Gus and all...
This coaching staff will be kept together (barring an utter meltdown) for another year.

Gus isn't going anywhere. Maronne isn't going anywhere. Oley (I hope) isn't going anywhere.

Defensive staff won't be getting any bites either.

Good thing about sucking, you can keep your coaches if you want Smile

Quote:This coaching staff will be kept together (barring an utter meltdown) for another year.

Gus isn't going anywhere. Maronne isn't going anywhere. Oley (I hope) isn't going anywhere.

What in the world...
Nobody likes a quitter... Except for the people clamoring for Doug F. Marrone, that is.
I think 30 tds to 15 ints will interest a lot of coaches.

Not only is a good head coach important, we need quality assistants too.
Quote:This coaching staff will be kept together (barring an utter meltdown) for another year.

You honestly believe Gus will be the HC at the start of the 2016 season?

Honestly?

Oh you said baring an utter melt down...  You don't count the last 3 weeks as an utter meltdown?

Please provide your definition of an utter meltdown.  Mine is losing to the teams we lost to the last 3 weeks...

Now let's look at our upcoming schedule:

Bills (we should win this game)

Jets

Ravens

tacks

Chargers

tacks

clots (with luck)

Falcons

Saints

tin horns

So I think we beat the bills...  But the Jets are looking good this year.  Ravens offense will get healthy in time to beat us.  We'll split with the tacks.  Chargers will outscore us.  Clots with Luck will beat us.  Falcons and Saints have way too much fire power on offense, we won't be able to keep up with them scoring on every possession.  And the tin horns have our number lately...

So, even if I was being optomistic, there's 3, maybe 4 wins in the remainder of this schedule.

You wouldn't call that a meltdown?  You think Gus deserves to come back if we wind up 4-12 or 5-11????

Considering, if we won the last three games we'd be 7-9 or 8-8?

I mean, we've already witnessed the meltdown, and some of you guys are in such denial you didn't even recognize it when it happened!  We had a chance to be leading this division!  Gus blew it...  
Quote:Who cares?

He wasn't brought in to be head coach and he quit his last gig at head coach. What makes you think he even wants to be a head coach again?

[Image: 200.gif]
Quote:You honestly believe Gus will be the HC at the start of the 2016 season?

Honestly?

Oh you said baring an utter melt down...  You don't count the last 3 weeks as an utter meltdown?

Please provide your definition of an utter meltdown.  Mine is losing to the teams we lost to the last 3 weeks...

Now let's look at our upcoming schedule:

Bills (we should win this game)

Jets

Ravens

tacks

Chargers

tacks

clots (with luck)

Falcons

Saints

tin horns

So I think we beat the bills...  But the Jets are looking good this year.  Ravens offense will get healthy in time to beat us.  We'll split with the tacks.  Chargers will outscore us.  Clots with Luck will beat us.  Falcons and Saints have way too much fire power on offense, we won't be able to keep up with them scoring on every possession.  And the tin horns have our number lately...

So, even if I was being optomistic, there's 3, maybe 4 wins in the remainder of this schedule.

You wouldn't call that a meltdown?  You think Gus deserves to come back if we wind up 4-12 or 5-11????

Considering, if we won the last three games we'd be 7-9 or 8-8?

I mean, we've already witnessed the meltdown, and some of you guys are in such denial you didn't even recognize it when it happened!  We had a chance to be leading this division!  Gus blew it...  

Be honest.  What was your predicted final record prior to the season starting?
Quote:Be honest.  What was your predicted final record prior to the season starting?

I was one of those guys saying that 8-8 was a possibility...  Go ahead call me an idiot!

But---as I said above, if we won the last 3 games, we could very well have realistically reached that goal.  We could have at least wound up 7-9.
I just hope he doesn't end up being our interim HC or anything of the such.

I was an optimist at the beginning of the season.....especially after the preseason games. *shrugs*

Anchor man I only see one win maaaaaybe two on your list. That puts us back to same record as 2015.

Sad, just very sad.

Still pull for the Jags, but last year was no question about renewing, for 2016? I'll have to think long and hard.

Quote:I just hope he doesn't end up being our interim HC or anything of the such.

Unless the team completely implodes, which doesn't seem likely, you won't have anything to worry about.
Quote:I was one of those guys saying that 8-8 was a possibility... Go ahead call me an idiot!

But---as I said above, if we won the last 3 games, we could very well have realistically reached that goal. We could have at least wound up 7-9.

Hey man. Mathematically we can go 11-5!

... well yes, there is that. :yucky: