Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week Seven Inactives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's my best guess for both teams...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

WR Marquis Lee

S James Sample

TE Clay Harbor

G Tyler Shatley

CB Nick Marshall

DE Chris Smith

RB Joe Banyard

BILLS INACTIVES

QB Tyler Taylor

WR Sammy Watkins

WR Percy Harvin

DT Kyle Williams

RG John Miller

RT Seantrel Henderson

RB Karlos Williams

Yeldon is questionable after practicing limited the past two days. Yesterday Vito said he should play as long as he doesn't suffer an additional set-back, and there was no word of any such set-back. The team is also emphasizing the run game this week to try and limit Rex Ryan's blitzing, so I'm convinced thinking Yeldon will play.

Clay Harbor did not practice Thursday or Friday. He's listed as questionable, but I'm convinced he's missing this game with his abdominal injury.

The tough part is guessing the four healthy scratches. I'll go with the three scratches from last week, those being Tyler Shatley, Nick Marshall and Chris Smith, as continuing to miss games. Finally, since Pierce has successfully passed his concussion protocol, I'll say they hold out the newly added Joe Banyard. Another possibility could be either of the new OLBs in Jordan Tripp or James-Michael Johnson.

The Bills were easy as the seven listed are all declared out.

I still don't understand the point of inactives...
Not sure I understand the point of the weekly "Guess the Inactives" thread.

Every team each week has to declare seven inactives provided they have a full 53-man roster which is almost always the case.

The thread gives a quick look at who is most likely not going to play. I find it slightly challenging to try and consider the logic they use to determine these players. Players definitely out due to injury are considered first followed by players listed as doubtful, then it gets a tad tricky considering who among those listed as questionable will or will not play. After that it gets a little tricky.

I know they have to. I just don't understand the NFL reasoning. If you're on the 53, you should be able to play at any time.
Marquis Lee.......what a surprise!
Quote:I know they have to. I just don't understand the NFL reasoning. If you're on the 53, you should be able to play at any time.

It's about the league maintaining a competitive balance. For instance, the Bills have seven injured players that can't even go. If the Jaguars were allowed every healthy player then they'd have four more players than the Bills suiting up.

Quote:Marquis Lee.......what a surprise!

Lee missed the trip and the bye week follows. The next game is in early November so I'm hoping he's aiming to play that game.

Quote:It's about the league maintaining a competitive balance. For instance, the Bills have seven injured players that can't even go. If the Jaguars were allowed every healthy player then they'd have four more players than the Bills suiting up.

I guess. But what if the Bills had like 12 injured players? We'd still have that advantage
Quote:I guess. But what if the Bills had like 12 injured players? We'd still have that advantage

Yeah, but that's extremely rare. Teams will typically IR a few guys before you ever get near that many.

Quote:Lee missed the trip and the bye week follows. The next game is in early November so I'm hoping he's aiming to play that game.

Yeah, but that's right in the middle of flu season and, oh well!
They should take in an Barclays premier league game while they are there today. Maybe seeing players that play with passion and motivation will inspire them to correct their mistakes! Just a thought... Or I'm just jealous because I would go to a game if I was there.
Not sure why they'd sign a RB, elevate him from PS to active roster and then declare him inactive while every single RB ahead of him is clearly banged up. 

Yeldon (questionable to play)

Denard (two weeks back from a sprained knee - clearly not 100%)

Toby ( groin tear/ hernia  -  not looking 100%)

Grant (IR) 

Pierce ( concussion/hamstring/ just told Olson he was Batman after trying to tackle Luke Joeckel)

I think Banyard suits up unless they really want Pierce to be the "insurance back."      

Quote:Not sure why they'd sign a RB, elevate him from PS to active roster and then declare him inactive while every single RB ahead of him is clearly banged up. 

Yeldon (questionable to play)

Denard (two weeks back from a sprained knee - clearly not 100%)

Toby ( groin tear/ hernia  -  not looking 100%)

Grant (IR) 

Pierce ( concussion/hamstring/ just told Olson he was Batman after trying to tackle Luke Joeckel)

I think Banyard suits up unless they really want Pierce to be the "insurance back."      

You might have a point. My thinking was they elevated him in case Pierce couldn't go, but that changed when Pierce passed his concussion protocol. If he does play, then I'll guess LB Jordan Tripp is inactive.

Tyrod Taylor*

Quote:Tyrod Taylor*

Oh yeah. 

What the hell kind of name is Tyrod anyways?

Quote:Here's my best guess for both teams...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

WR Marquis Lee

S James Sample

TE Clay Harbor

G Tyler Shatley

CB Nick Marshall

DE Chris Smith

RB Joe Banyard

You nearly nailed it. 

Marshall gets the PR duty and the new-ish LB (Michael-Johnson) is inactive instead.