Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags' London trip requires nearly 365 days planning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a pretty interesting read on what it takes to get the team to London just once a year.

Story

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Four days after he was hired, he was sent on a plane out of the country. In a way, he has never come back.

Hamzah Ahmad was brought in by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013, given a laptop and a phone, and then instructed to grab his passport and begin one of the tougher projects in his sport: planning an annual London journey for a team of football players, coaches, and even sponsors and cheerleaders. The process required help from flight attendants, postal workers, hoteliers and large ships. For those of us who will turn on electronic devices on Sunday and watch a game between the Jaguars and Buffalo Bills at Wembley Stadium, the product on the field will look like any other. Just one more trip for two teams.

Not hardly.

"It takes almost a year to work on 1/20th of your season," Ahmad says."
Just 60 minutes for another loss to a limping bills team.
Yep. And all that hardwork for these results on the field over there during the last three years. It's embarrasing. I feel bad that we have to represent London as the "home" team. That's in front 83,000 fans by the way. And Khan of course extended this overseas beatdown through 2020. Hopefully he'll back out of the deal somehow like the Rams did a few years ago but I doubt it.

2013: SF 42 / JAC 10
2014: DAL 31 / JAC 17
2015: We'll find out this Sunday
Quote:Yep. And all that hardwork for these results on the field over there during the last three years. It's embarrasing. I feel bad that we have to represent London as the "home" team. That's in front 83,000 fans by the way. And Khan of course extended this overseas beatdown through 2020. Hopefully he'll back out of the deal somehow like the Rams did a few years ago but I doubt it.2013: SF 42 / JAC 102014: DAL 31 / JAC 172015: We'll find out this Sunday

I imagine it can be pretty frustrating to put in that much work and manpower and money for...this team. I hate to say it that way but it is what it is.