Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone watch HBO's "The Leftovers"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I kept seeing advertisements for this show. Little did I know it was beginning the second season so I caught up on the first season. The second season just started and I love it so far.

Anyone watch this?

Quote:I kept seeing advertisements for this show. Little did I know it was beginning the second season so I caught up on the first season. The second season just started and I love it so far.

Anyone watch this?
I started watching the first season as it was airing. I saw up to two episodes or so after one of the silent people got stoned to death. Did not finish the season for no particular reason but I did enjoy it. I liked all the acting and writing and the story was very interesting. 
I've heard good things about that.. Never seen it myself though..

I'm currently watching Sons of Anarchy, Fargo season 2 and Homeland season 5.. not all at once, of course.

I do. Season 2 is an interesting season so far. I like that they're focusing on a different aspect each week instead of trying to show too much in any one episode. This past episode with Meg (Liv Tyler) at the end...... dang. That's all I've got to say about it. 

I like that Nora and Kevin are both so screwed up and accept that about each other. Though I wish he would be honest with her about his mental state.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season brings.

Oh, and were you creeped out when Tom asked those folks, "Who wants a hug?" I know I was. Lol. 

It's a great show to let your imagination run wild. Many details are kept in the dark I think on purpose to keep us as confused as the characters are. This lets the viewers draw their own conclusions. It can feel like watching Lost at times.

It's a good watch. Easily better than most shows on today
Quote:I started watching the first season as it was airing. I saw up to two episodes or so after one of the silent people got stoned to death. Did not finish the season for no particular reason but I did enjoy it. I liked all the acting and writing and the story was very interesting. 
I binge watched the first season and there were points during the first few epi's were I nearly gave up. All the stuff with the dogs and the silent people were getting a bit too weird, however, I stuck with it and ended up getting pretty into it as the season wore on. I just started the second season and I like it a lot better than the first. It's very lost-esque as it has that Damon Lindeloff producer influence.
Quote:I do. Season 2 is an interesting season so far. I like that they're focusing on a different aspect each week instead of trying to show too much in any one episode. This past episode with Meg (Liv Tyler) at the end...... dang. That's all I've got to say about it. 

I like that Nora and Kevin are both so screwed up and accept that about each other. Though I wish he would be honest with her about his mental state.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season brings.

Oh, and were you creeped out when Tom asked those folks, "Who wants a hug?" I know I was. Lol. 

Ohhh yeahhhhh. Are you talking about the part in the back of the truck with the cute son? Where she decided to have her way with him? Yes, disturbing in a hot kind of a sick disturbing way. hahaah.
Quote:I've heard good things about that.. Never seen it myself though..

I'm currently watching Sons of Anarchy, Fargo season 2 and Homeland season 5.. not all at once, of course.
I watched the first few seasons of Homeland and then didn't renew my showtime script, but I like it a lot. It did get a bit tiring of Claire Danes crying every single episode, but good show.
Quote:I watched the first few seasons of Homeland and then didn't renew my showtime script, but I like it a lot. It did get a bit tiring of Claire Danes crying every single episode, but good show.

I know exactly what you mean..

We get it as part of our basic tv package over here.
Quote:I know exactly what you mean..

We get it as part of our basic tv package over here.
That's part of the basic? Nice! It's premium here and you have to pay extra. I was just spending way too much on all the premium channels so I just stick with HBO.
Quote:That's part of the basic? Nice! It's premium here and you have to pay extra. I was just spending way too much on all the premium channels so I just stick with HBO.

Yeah as is Fargo too!
Quote:Yeah as is Fargo too!

Cool! How close are you to London? I've heard it's super expensive to live there.
Quote:Cool! How close are you to London? I've heard it's super expensive to live there.

I'm like an hour and a half from London by car.. I live 3 miles from where the titanic sailed from.. Southampton
Quote:I'm like an hour and a half from London by car.. I live 3 miles from where the titanic sailed from.. Southampton

London is on my bucket list (along with a host of other places). That's cool.
Quote:I started watching the first season as it was airing. I saw up to two episodes or so after one of the silent people got stoned to death. Did not finish the season for no particular reason but I did enjoy it. I liked all the acting and writing and the story was very interesting. 

Quote:I watched the first few seasons of Homeland and then didn't renew my showtime script, but I like it a lot. It did get a bit tiring of Claire Danes crying every single episode, but good show.

I watched a few episodes of both series, and plan to go back and finish. I'll probably have to start both over as I'm fuzzy on the details, plus can't remember exactly which episode I'm on.

By the way, HBO is now available for streaming  by subscription, you no longer need a TV service account. The app is called HBO Now. They are currently offering a free 30 day trial subscription.
Quote:I watched a few episodes of both series, and plan to go back and finish. I'll probably have to start both over as I'm fuzzy on the details, plus can't remember exactly which episode I'm on.

By the way, HBO is now available for streaming by subscription, you no longer need a TV service account. The app is called <a class="bbc_url" href='https://order.hbonow.com/'>HBO Now. They are currently offering a free 30 day trial subscription.</a>
That's what I do. I pretty much got rid of all cable except basic and got Apple TV. I pay for the HBO now script only. Oh and Netflix of course.

The first season of the leftovers is odd for sure but it's also really powerful. Great performances as well. The lady who pays for a service to receive something completely insane only so she can "feel"! Crazy
Quote:Ohhh yeahhhhh. Are you talking about the part in the back of the truck with the cute son? Where she decided to have her way with him? Yes, disturbing in a hot kind of a sick disturbing way. hahaah.

Yep. Very messed up! Lol. After all that and she's like, " Tell your mom Meg said hello." Twisted!
This show keeps me coming back even though I am not addicted to it...

It's weird...

Oh yeah, I would like to point out that I like how their background music is composed and how they tie it in with the scenes...

Quote:This show keeps me coming back even though I am not addicted to it...

It's weird...

Quote:Oh yeah, I would like to point out that I like how their background music is composed and how they tie it in with the scenes...

This season is really good. I'm getting way into this and I'm hoping enough people watch that they don't pull it.

Agree on the music too! Really well done.
Pages: 1 2