Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan Davis leads the Team in Sacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
And yet, only plays like 20 percent of our snaps if that. The only game where he started at leo and played a nearly full game was the Miami game which is our only win. So he leads team in sacks, pressure on the quarterback was good overall when he started, and we won. Am I missing something? Seriously, am I just an armchair coach talking BS or is this really a strange problem thats being ignored?

According to Gus, Davis is too valuable on special teams to waste on defense. I really wish I was making this up but I'm not. This team is coached by an absolute buffoon.
Quote:According to Gus, Davis is too valuable on special teams to waste on defense. I really wish I was making this up but I'm not. This team is coached by an absolute buffoon.
What?? lol.....im at a loss for words. 

did Bradley really say that?  special teams is important but that's crazy

I brought this up on Twitter a few weeks ago. According to Alfie its because he only does one thing well, sooooo.....
On the yahoo site for the streaming of the game, Davis is listed as a leader. Yet he never actually gets to play.

I totally get it.  When you have a team stacked full of pass rushers like us, he needs to be put on special teams where he excels...oh wait that's not us at all.

Quote:I brought this up on Twitter a few weeks ago. According to Alfie its because he only does one thing well, sooooo.....
I mean ok he only does one thing well, so make him a DPR and allow him to shine right?
Gus is an idiot. Khan is a bigger idiot for keeping him.
Quote:According to Gus, Davis is too valuable on special teams to waste on defense. I really wish I was making this up but I'm not. This team is coached by an absolute buffoon.

[Image: RPbO69a.gif]
Davis didn't start against Miami and only had 1 tackle in that game.

Quote:And yet, only plays like 20 percent of our snaps if that. The only game where he started at leo and played a nearly full game was the Miami game which is our only win. So he leads team in sacks, pressure on the quarterback was good overall when he started, and we won. Am I missing something? Seriously, am I just an armchair coach talking [BAD WORD REMOVED] or is this really a strange problem thats being ignored?

this was very similar to last season too. his sacks per snap were the best on our team. how does he not get more snaps? right..... gotta have him for special teams.... hahahahaha
I didn't even know the defense had any sacks. Wallbash

Best pass rusher is on the bench. Yea lets keep Gus around
That tells you all you need to know about what's wrong with the defense.

Quote:did Bradley really say that?  special teams is important but that's crazy
I've been hunting for this quote, and so far no luck.  The only place I found even a reference to it was in an article Alfie posted, and he didn't quote Gus, nor did he source it.  I've actually spent some time this afternoon listening to all of Gus' pressers over the past couple of weeks, which is painful enough, and I haven't found a quote that I can attribute to him. 

Quote:I've been hunting for this quote, and so far no luck.  The only place I found even a reference to it was in an article Alfie posted, and he didn't quote Gus, nor did he source it.  I've actually spent some time this afternoon listening to all of Gus' pressers over the past couple of weeks, which is painful enough, and I haven't found a quote that I can attribute to him. 
Yeah it seems it was just thrown out there and now its taken factually as something he said.
Quote:did Bradley really say that?  special teams is important but that's crazy

Yes.  Bradley actually stated it last week on his 1010xl segment and once again reiterated that this week.
Quote:I've been hunting for this quote, and so far no luck. The only place I found even a reference to it was in an article Alfie posted, and he didn't quote Gus, nor did he source it. I've actually spent some time this afternoon listening to all of Gus' pressers over the past couple of weeks, which is painful enough, and I haven't found a quote that I can attribute to him.

Check Ryan O'Halloran twitter. I think i seen it there but not hundred percent sure.
Quote:Check Ryan O'Halloran twitter. I think i seen it there but not hundred percent sure.

I've seen nothing about this on jaguars Twitter and I'm on twitter regularly. Follow me @thefakebrock
Pages: 1 2 3