Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Love for the Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ion-groups

Good read. Granted our W-L is not pretty, this is what you really wanted to see this year. Can the core on offense improve. I'd say yes. 

We have an exciting offense finally to build around starting with the big four: Bortles, ARob, Hurns and Julius.  My biggest concern is offensive line.  Make that solid and you can continue adding pieces.  

Quote:We have an exciting offense finally to build around starting with the big four: Bortles, ARob, Hurns and Julius.  My biggest concern is offensive line.  Make that solid and you can continue adding pieces.  
Easier said than done...
The offensive line is way better than it used to be. I'm not entirely concerned by it, we have young pieces on it like Cann who will probably be the future at LG

The defense is the reason this team isn't on a 3 game winning streak right now.

Quote:We have an exciting offense finally to build around starting with the big four: Bortles, ARob, Hurns and Julius.  My biggest concern is offensive line.  Make that solid and you can continue adding pieces.  
WHAT?  The last thread I read we were firing everyone right down to the water boy.  I can't keep up with this fickle fan base 

(tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Yeah, the O-line is pretty bad right now...  With Linder out, it's even worse, but he'll be back next year.

I wonder if Bowanko would be able to replace Beadles?  He's had two bad games in a row...  Or if Cann can progress as the season goes on, maybe he can replace Beadles?

As for JT, he's become respectable.  I don't notice any mess ups from his side anymore, which is a good sign that he's doing his job.  It's the Guards right now that are the liability...  And again, the RG will be fixed once Linder is back.

So I think overall, the O-Line is gonna be pretty stout next year.  
Quote:Yeah, the O-line is pretty bad right now... With Linder out, it's even worse, but he'll be back next year.

I wonder if Bowanko would be able to replace Beadles? He's had two bad games in a row... Or if Cann can progress as the season goes on, maybe he can replace Beadles?

As for JT, he's become respectable. I don't notice any mess ups from his side anymore, which is a good sign that he's doing his job. It's the Guards right now that are the liability... And again, the RG will be fixed once Linder is back.

So I think overall, the O-Line is gonna be pretty stout next year.
when you said JT did you mean LJ?
Quote:Easier said than done...

Definitely agreed.  Nothing easy is worth doing.

Quote:WHAT?  The last thread I read we were firing everyone right down to the water boy.  I can't keep up with this fickle fan base 

(tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Last 10 threads you mean.
Quote:when you said JT did you mean LJ?

Good catch! Sorry I've been on pain meds since my operation. Kinda missed that typo.

Honestly LJ has not been getting burned like we saw in training camp and the pre season. To me, that's showing progress.

I've deleted the last 3 games immediately after the losses, but I think I'll try to focus on Luke this Sunday to see how he does. The bills are going to be a tough test for the entire O-line
Quote:Good catch! Sorry I've been on pain meds since my operation. Kinda missed that typo.

Honestly LJ has not been getting burned like we saw in training camp and the pre season. To me, that's showing progress.

I've deleted the last 3 games immediately after the losses, but I think I'll try to focus on Luke this Sunday to see how he does. The bills are going to be a tough test for the entire O-line

I noticed one spin move that beat LJ by Mercilus last week I believe, but other than that nothing blatant.

It's amazing, players can develop...
We can't count on Linder being the Linder when he comes back. Honestly.. this off season the focus needs to be on interior line and defense. That's it
Honestly.... there's a lot of love for the Jaguars. I mean, every team we play looks forward to playing us and they always feel better after they have. So certainly, there's a lot of love for the Jags... just ask the panthers, patriots, colts, bucs, and Texans. They l o v e us long time! The 'phins would've loved us too, but they messed that up.

The last 3 games you mentioned could have gone our way. We could have beaten the colts bucs and Texans. The patriots are the defending Super Bowl champions and I don't know if anyone is on there level, but we absolutely could be 4-2 now.
They are exciting. In an NFL group we were asked to list our team's greatest strength and weakness. All sorts of different answers came in for varying teams, but I was proud to be able to say "downfield passing attack" for the Jaguars greatest strength. Of course the weakness related to the other side of the ball, but that's a different story.

Quote:We can't count on Linder being the Linder when he comes back. Honestly.. this off season the focus needs to be on interior line and defense. That's it

The interior line isn't that shabby either. Wiz has been doing a standout job, and Bowanko offers decent depth at Center. And as for the guards, we know we have a gem in Linder who is now on IR stashed alongside a few players as Caldwell prepares for next year. So it's really just Beadles spot we need to consider, and the way AJ Cann has been playing for Linder, we might have our answer at LG as well. We even have decent depth behind them in Shatley. The OL just might be built especially knowing that Jermey Parnell is an absolute BEAST.

Quote:The last 3 games you mentioned could have gone our way. We could have beaten the colts bucs and Texans. The patriots are the defending Super Bowl champions and I don't know if anyone is on there level, but we absolutely could be 4-2 now.

I'll give the Texans their win as it would have taken a different approach by the coaching staff to handle Hopkins, but absolutely this team should be 3-3 right now. The Colts game was the really tough one to take as I blame that defensive penalty drive even more than Myers for the loss. And the Jaguars were doing so well on offense against the Bucs it's just a shame that Poz had to sit the game out. With Poz in there that's totally a win.