Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Magic Man Toby - Makes 6 yd gain a 2 yd gain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/656944124134690816

Unbelievable we are still keeping this guy. There is no burst or power in his running style. I got fooled as well with Toby when they signed him. Donald Brown was much better than this slow RB. 

So happy that Toby got the start last week.

Nobody misses blocks like that guy on a constant basis. Nobody misses for a full 60 minutes. That guy gives his absolute worst poo poor performance day in and day out.

House better get the message asap, or he's gonna find himself cut right off this team.

I'm happy that Gus is finally sending the right message to the team.

Keep running the albino rhino, but bench house.

We believe in victory...
He's just bad because he's injured.

While I don't disagree Toby has been very underwhelming, that picture he was going to be tackled by 55 either way he went. Cann would have had to pick up the block on 56(?) Wasn't going to get anything there. Still not as bad as T-Rich vision
LOL! Wiz is blocking the guy the wrong way. He should be going to the next level to take on the LB.

No wonder none of our RBs can run behind this line.

Hard to take much from that picture.

I put Gerhart 100% on Caldwell. He was initially signed for our zone scheme which was a disaster, and he's just not the type of back that can thrive behind a struggling line. He can't make anyone miss and needs room to get a head of steam.

Behind a powerful line I think he could be productive but he'll be cut before he sees that here.

That's a huge misevalution on Caldwell. He either didn't evaluate the scheme fit right, Gerhart's skill set right, or our line talent right.
Toby....just wow
Toby is the most reliable 2 yds in football. If only we got 5 downs instead of four.
Quote:Toby is the most reliable 2 yds in football. If only we got 5 downs instead of four.

I love quotes like this.

You win
It's only 6 weeks into the season. There is still time to turn it around, we have lost some close games and could have beaten the colts and bucs to be near .500. If we could every get everyone healthy we still can compete.
He is terrible. What else is new?

But he did get that 7 yrd reception in preseason.
Quote:Hard to take much from that picture.

I put Gerhart 100% on Caldwell. He was initially signed for our zone scheme which was a disaster, and he's just not the type of back that can thrive behind a struggling line. He can't make anyone miss and needs room to get a head of steam.

Behind a powerful line I think he could be productive but he'll be cut before he sees that here.

That's a huge misevalution on Caldwell. He either didn't evaluate the scheme fit right, Gerhart's skill set right, or our line talent right.
Pretty much says it all. He is what he is; and what he is doesn't work here with what we have.
will someone send this to Gus please

Quote:will someone send this to Gus please

"He tried really really hard."

Quote:"He tried really really hard."

He really competed on that play. He trusted the process.

Toby as been injured but I still believe the best of what he is it yet to come. He should have won the heisman back at Stanford and is still only 28.
My personal favorite Gus-ism: he demonstrated his spirit man!
Quote:Toby as been injured but I still believe the best of what he is it yet to come. He should have won the heisman back at Stanford and is still only 28.

Can't tell if you are joking or not. I will assume you are.
Quote:Toby as been injured but I still believe the best of what he is it yet to come. He should have won the heisman back at Stanford and is still only 28.

Mrs. Gerhart, is that you?
Quote:Toby is the most reliable 2 yds in football. If only we got 5 downs instead of four.

Bingo. Toby will always get you two yards. That's his thing.

If we wanted six, we would have used someone else.

Pages: 1 2