Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Odds Bills @* Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Vegas odds are as follows.  Buffalo -5.5 and the over/under is at 42.5.

A bet placed on the Jaguars means that they must either win or lose by no more than 5 in order to be a winning bet.

A bet placed on the Bills means that they must win by more than 5 points.

42.5 is the total points scored in the game.

I placed an asterisk because while technically the Jaguars are the "home team", it's still basically a road game due to the travel.

This is a tough pick for me in some ways but historically speaking, the Jaguars have not played all that well in London.  I don't think that they cover the spread this week and I'll take the over on this one.

BILLS win and cover.

Over 42.5 points will be scored.
I'd probably lean towards the overs on this one. Both teams can be passed on quite a bit
Jags have the worst coach in the nfl.

Bills have rex Ryan, he's not exactly Bill Walsh either.

But Bradley still sucks exponentially worse than a bad rex Ryan.

To add a wrinkle, nfl network said Sammy Watkins won't be playing this Sunday. But does it really matter who the receiver is when we pay a cover 3 and only blitz on rare occasions, opting to mainly Judy rush 4?

Additionally gratz is starting and house has been benched. Evans is a terrible fs on pass plays.

The bills score on most of their possessions. Jags are forced to abandon their in effective run game, this allows the bills to pin their ears back and blitz constantly.

28-24 bills.

We cover the spread, and go over on the points.
Oh, and McCoy scores a rushing td and gets a receiving td too
34-21 Bills.

Eh, what the heck. I have zero reason to think it happens, but Jags win 30-20.

Quote:Eh, what the heck. I have zero reason to think it happens, but Jags win 30-20.
LOL - only 1 vote for Jags to win so far.  

Good to have faith!!
Jags have two votes now, I know I am living on fantasy island.

With our offense and defense we'll easily hit 43 points or more.

Quote:Oh, and McCoy scores a rushing td and gets a receiving td too

I'm not going to say that I am hoping for this, but I am starting him in FF.   :whistling:
I think the bills will cover but I expect a low scoring game. Something like 21-13. A real snooze fest. There's no WRs for EJ Manuel to throw to, even against our putrid defense. They also have a ton of injuries at other positions going into this game.
Quote:I think the bills will cover but I expect a low scoring game. Something like 21-13. A real snooze fest. There's no WRs for EJ Manuel to throw to, even against our putrid defense. They also have a ton of injuries at other positions going into this game.

You do have a good point...  But if we go cover 3 and only rush 4, it really doesn't matter who the WRs are, someone will come open...  That's the problem with this Seattle Defense...  

It's been figured out.  

But you never know, maybe the lack of weapons and EJ Manual as the starter is enough for our D to keep them to less than 20 points?  I still think BB5 and the offense go off for 24...

OK...  So I've changed my mind... 

Jaguars 24

Bills 20  

McCoy still scores 2 TDs.  But we simply have a better offense than theirs...  We pull out the win.
EJ Manuel. No Watkins or Harvin. Robert Woods and Chris Hogan starting WRs. And they will still torch this defense. Charles Clay is a player to watch in this game, though.

And even if Buffalo's defense has struggled lately, Rex will attack our offensive line and force Bortles to beat him.

This game ain't gonna be pretty. I think even the Jaguars expect a blowout, which is why they came out and said Gus is staying, regardless of the outcome
EJ is a check down machine, so look for the Bills to eat up Poz with TEs and RBs over the middle.

If the Bills can score more than 14 points, coaches should be fired while still on the field.

If the Jags win, going to have to listen to all the see it is working from the coaches and apologists. They won't mention that the other team had no one on offense.
Quote:34-21 Bills.

You gave them an extra FG... I have it 31-21 Bills.

It really doesn't matter who is playing QB or WR against the ice cream defense. Manuel will be able to sit back there and wait for Woods or Hogan to get open for a free completion. The check downs to Clay and McCoy will be a free first down whenever Rex wants because this team can't tackle. Guarantee Shady makes Cyprien whiff in embarrassing fashion. Tannehill, Hasslebeck, Winston, Hoyer all lit the Jags up, why would EJ Manuel be any different?

Bortles has a good game but has no running game or pass protection to help him. A few nice plays to Arob, Burns and JT will be all the entertainment we get.

38-20 Bills.
Quote:You do have a good point...  But if we go cover 3 and only rush 4, it really doesn't matter who the WRs are, someone will come open...  That's the problem with this Seattle Defense...  

It's been figured out.  

But you never know, maybe the lack of weapons and EJ Manual as the starter is enough for our D to keep them to less than 20 points?  I still think BB5 and the offense go off for 24...

OK...  So I've changed my mind... 

Jaguars 24

Bills 20  

McCoy still scores 2 TDs.  But we simply have a better offense than theirs...  We pull out the win.

That would be perfect for me and my fantasy team, hope you're right!
Jags win a close one this week, but the teams don't cover the spread.

With so many key players out for the bills, you would think that this would be a sure win for the Jags... and you would be wrong. If there is anything certain of the Jags, it's the uncompromising uncertainty of if they will play a reasonably good game or not. They play good, really good, at times, but they seldom play good enough for four quarters to actually win a game. The bills have a far more experienced HC who has actually won some games. What's more, the Jags have yet to defeat a team that they should've beaten. We can't point to anything that would make anyone think this time will be different. Plus 'Vegas already has us as underdogs, even with so many of the bills key players out and the Jags as the 'home team'... pathetic.

bills 28-Jags 17

(and it could be worse than that if the bills had most of their key guys back)
Pages: 1 2