Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tacks trying to trade down from 5...or for WR Brandon Cooks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...din-cooks/

I don't want Cooks on Tennessee.  He has speed for days.

I don't want Tennessee able to trade down and accumulate more picks.

I don't want them hitting with the picks they do end up with.

I want them to suck.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26956...-nfl-draft

Kind of a "worst case scenario" all the way around for us
We can only hope they trade down only to add more suck.

And their trade sparks someone to jump 5 for an even better deal for us.

tacks pick up Cooks. He gets depressed, puts on some pounds. Forms a country band with Jake Locker and Albert Haynesworth. 

Cooks isnt worth a first at all but hes good. Id rather they get him than Corey davis
Either way it's a no win situation for us. I agree. Cooks is good. But I don't think he's worth giving up a first round pick for right now. But, either way. They're looking at landing maybe him or a top flight receiver at some point in this draft. They're sitting real pretty at the 5th and 18th slots in RD1. It's sickening.

What might happen. Is that, once the combine settles. Let's say a guy like Leonard Fournette goes out at 240 pounds and runs a 4.4 40. That'll probably put even more eyes on him. Since the stinkin tacks are already stacked in the backfield. That No. 5 spot could become a hot bed for teams desperate to get up and get him. 

For me. The nightmare would be Cleveland giving up the 12th pick and 33rd overall pick and maybe a pick in 2018 to get Fournette from the tacks at 5. Then the tacks drop back and steal Corey Davis at 12 as their WR - Land OJ Howard at 18 as their TE.

And then land someone like Jalen Tabor at CB or Charles Harris or Dawuane Smoot at DE to help shore up their defense instantly at 33. They were pretty weak in the secondary so I'd say a CB or S is more valuable there to them. But outside of Orakpo and Morgan they really didn't have that much pressure coming from anywhere else consistently. 

Maybe they'll sign Jeffrey instead and Ramsey can shut him down twice a year.
Quote:Maybe they'll sign Jeffrey instead and Ramsey can shut him down twice a year.

:yes:
Or Ramsey will just shut down Cooks and any other receiver across from him.

Banana

we have to trade down a few spots before they get the chance to. I wouldn't mind trading down 4-5 spots to gain a extra 2nd rounder. 

Quote:Or Ramsey will just shut down Cooks and any other receiver across from him.

Banana

I encourage all other AFC South teams to dump Brinks trucks full of money into #1 Wideouts, it won't help, Ramsey will ice them all out. 

I hear all this talk of us addressing CB in FA/Draft. What if we took Lattimore at 4 and just man up on the outside? The next 3-4 years, passing against Jax would be a nightmare. 
I hope they do trade for Cooks. Spend the money, give up your picks for a WR who won't make much impact. Please. 

Question:  There are some who have theorized Cooks is not worth a first round pick.  However, Cook himself was a first round pick not too long ago (2014), has not had any major injuries (i.e. knee; Achilles) that could adversely impact his still considerable speed, and has scored 20 TDs.

Why would he NOT be worth a first?

Not that I disagree per se, but I would welcome your arguments as to why?
Quote:Question:  There are some who have theorized Cooks is not worth a first round pick.  However, Cook himself was a first round pick not too long ago (2014), has not had any major injuries (i.e. knee; Achilles) that could adversely impact his still considerable speed, and has scored 20 TDs.

Just going to take a stab at this.  I'd say it's because he's 1) 3 years older (though not really an issue, as he's only 23, not 25/6/7) with 3 seasons of professional wear and tear, 2) he's going into a contract year (plus an option year) and not going to be on a cheap rookie deal anymore and 3) while he's been good, I don't know that he's been a sure fire top wideout regardless of situation.  To elaborate more on number 3, he's had good seasons (~1150 each of the last two), but it's been on a team that's heavily pass-centric and Brees has led the league in receiving yards each of those seasons.  So, are you getting a guy that's carried Brees a bit in his older years by being a top level wideout, or are you getting a guy that benefited by being in that offense with Brees?  That's my best guess as to why people may feel he's not worth a first.
Quote:Question: There are some who have theorized Cooks is not worth a first round pick. However, Cook himself was a first round pick not too long ago (2014), has not had any major injuries (i.e. knee; Achilles) that could adversely impact his still considerable speed, and has scored 20 TDs.

He wasnt really worth a first when he was drafted regardless of him being a good player and now hes in a contract year.
Titans trade down .... get Cooks then draft Dalvin Cook

Can we say, the titans have too many cooks in the kitchen !!

We'd eat them alive !!   

Cooks is no match for Poz Island ..... and Skuta would have a field day shadowing D. Cooks coming out of the backfield.  TN may want to rethink their acquisition plan.
Quote:Titans trade down .... get Cooks then draft Dalvin Cook

Can we say, the titans have too many cooks in the kitchen !!

We'd eat them alive !!   

Cooks is no match for Poz Island ..... and Skuta would have a field day shadowing D. Cooks coming out of the backfield.  TN may want to rethink their acquisition plan.
What about the Isle of Ramsey?
Apparently, Philly is the leader for Cooks
Patriots.
Quote:Patriots.

He'll be going early in FF if that's the case
Pages: 1 2