Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Division Standings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After 6 weeks

Colts. 3-3. 3-0afcs

Texans. 2-4. 1-1afcs

Titans. 1-4. 0-1afcs

Jaguars. 1-5. 0-2afcs

Colts get all wins from division.

If Jaguars, Texans and Titans can get their acts together they can still win this weak division.

What do you all think will win this division?
The Colts are playing much better now than they did the first two weeks. I think they will turn their season around as long as they don't try fake punts.

well with the way things are going for Jags right now,and the luck we are haveing as fans. I'm going to say this will happen cause it would be worse then colts winning the division.  some how titians end up winning afc south. That would be the worst thing to happen to us as fans this year right? 

At this point I say that the division is still up for grabs.

Colts will win it

Quote:The Colts are playing much better now than they did the first two weeks. I think they will turn their season around as long as they don't try fake punts.
I don't think they're playing much better now (although, that's just my opinion compared to others).

Having Luck back is better than Hasselbeck.

However, their game against the Pats wouldn't have been that close if they didn't get that fluke bobble off of Edelman's hands that went for an easy Colts TD.

That said, the Colts will still win the division.

So far this season:

Colts vs AFCS = 3-0

Colts vs others = 0-3

They may scrape a win against the Bucs, Saints, and Phins. But I doubt they'll beat Carolina, Atlanta, Pittsburgh. Maybe,,, maybe they'll beat the Broncos, but idk.

So, I'll predict at season's end:

Colts vs AFCS = 6-0

Colts vs others = 2-8 (maybe 3-7)

Colts overall = 8-8 (maybe 9-7)

Just my prediction.

And that is still good enough to win the AFCS.
Colts, you're welcome.

[Image: WhitegloveSilverPlatterSized.jpeg]

Quote:At this point I say that the division is still up for grabs.

Statistically that is true, but when you watch the games, it is obvious one team has a much better chance than the other three of winning it.
Quote:Statistically that is true, but when you watch the games, it is obvious one team has a much better chance than the other three of winning it.

I agree, but this week all 4 teams play and we'll see who wants it.
Colts get the division this year.

I expect TEN to struggle later in the year with their schedule, so they'll probably fight HOU for last in the division.

Quote:Colts get the division this year.

I expect TEN to struggle later in the year with their schedule, so they'll probably fight HOU for last in the division.

Hey, don't leave out the Jags as far as fighting for "last in the division" goes".

The Jags wil be in that hunt all season long.
The Panthers won their division last year with a losing record. I could see the Colts repeating this theme.

It's a down year for the AFCS, even more down then usual.

Quote:Hey, don't leave out the Jags as far as fighting for "last in the division" goes".

The Jags wil be in that hunt all season long.

Nothing will please me more than to see the Jaguars win this division and make Irsay go ballistic as a result.

That would be way too amusing for me to pass it up.

Please make it happen, if just for that alone.
Quote:The Panthers won their division last year with a losing record. I could see the Colts repeating this theme.

The whole NFC South was terrible last year. It was only the second time in NFL history a team won its division with a losing record. But part of that was playing against the AFC North, one of the better divisions.
Quote:The whole NFC South was terrible last year. It was only the second time in NFL history a team won its division with a losing record. But part of that was playing against the AFC North, one of the better divisions.

And now this year the AFC S appears doomed to repeat the feat while playing that same NFC S division. How said is that?

Somebody has to win the division.

Discounting the Texans and Titans, its between the Jags and the Colts.

Look at the Colts remaining schedule. No, really, look. They might only win three more games. Highly likely in fact if the Jags can beat them at home.

Thus,

If the Jags can win 5 more games total, they have a legitimate chance of winning the division. We have 2 games against TEN, 1 against BAL, a rematch against a reeling HOU and we got IND at home which is a must win. Plus you could steal a win from the Jets, Chargers, Falcons or Saints. Those two NFC games are most likely def losses but that NY game might be a trap game. YOU NEVER KNOW. We would be one and done of course but still...
It'll come down to the jags actually winning division matches to win the division. Can't get swept by colts, or texans. Must win both titans games. At minimum must win these 4 games.
Quote:It'll come down to the jags actually winning division matches to win the division. Can't get swept by colts, or texans. Must win both titans games. At minimum must win these 4 games.

That sounds doable. Do that and win home games over the Ravens and Chargers, and the Jaguars are 8-8 with an 8-4 mark in the AFC and a 4-2 mark in the AFC South. That should be plenty enough to win this division.

Quote:That sounds doable. Do that and win home games over the Ravens and Chargers, and the Jaguars are 8-8 with an 8-4 mark in the AFC and a 4-2 mark in the AFC South. That should be plenty enough to win this division.

I really hope this happens!
Pages: 1 2