Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Bortles putting up Pro Bowl numbers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know he is projected at 30+ tds and 4k. He is currently 4th in yards.

What say you?
Normally if a QB goes a WR goes with him.
No, he's garbage. He throws INTs and is squandering an excellent running game and defense. He will singlehandedly get the GOAT coach Bradley fired.

He appears to have taken a massive step backwards from last year. He will almost certainly be replaced early in the draft next year.

Obvious bust. Blaine Bortles BBINT IMO.
Heck yes he is.

I haven't been able to watch much of the games yet this year...

How much of his yards and touchdowns are during garbage time / trying to rally a comeback?

BB to a probowl? I'll have some of what he is drinking please...
why did you leave out INTs in your OP?

Quote:I haven't been able to watch much of the games yet this year...

How much of his yards and touchdowns are during garbage time / trying to rally a comeback?

BB to a probowl? I'll have some of what he is drinking please...

Some of that happened during garbage time, but what wasn't Blaine able to ever do that then? Just wondering. Also BB does better in first halves so it's not all garbage stats.

Mike1989

If David Garrard can go to the Pro Bowl after throwing 3,500 yards and 15 TDs, then it is possible that Blake could go to the Pro Bowl if he throws over 4,000 yards and 30+ TDs. However, Stafford threw for over 5,000 yards and 41 TDs in 2011 and only managed to be named an alternate. So I guess it will come down to how many people vote for Blake Bortles to make the Pro Bowl, since it is mostly a popularity contest. 

Quote:why did you leave out INTs in your OP?

Because he is 5th in TD passes, and the players whose company he keeps with the INTs don't have his TDs.

Folks wanted a gunslinger...gunslingers throw INTs.
No.  Stats are borderline but too many costly interceptions and only 1 win.

2 types of QBs.....game managers and gunslingers. Bortles has a 2.8% INT rate THIS YEAR. Farve has a 3.3% INT rate for CAREER. He won multiple Super Bowls.

Quit whining about turnovers. Focus on the 35 TDs!
U guys want a david Garrard that throws 13 TD and 3 INT or a guy who throws 35 TD with 16 INT? I'll take the latter ALL DAY!
Not enough wins and too many mistakes
Quote:2 types of QBs.....game managers and gunslingers. Bortles has a 2.8% INT rate THIS YEAR. Farve has a 3.3% INT rate for CAREER. He won multiple Super Bowls.

How many super bowls did farve win? focus on 35TDs? Are you rewriting and predicting the future?
Quote:2 types of QBs.....game managers and gunslingers. Bortles has a 2.8% INT rate THIS YEAR. Farve has a 3.3% INT rate for CAREER. He won multiple Super Bowls.

I like the sentiment, but Favre only won one Super Bowl. He lost the second.
Speaking on Gabbert... Blake has already passed Gabbert's career yardage in just 19 games.
Quote:Speaking on Gabbert... Blake has already passed Gabbert's career yardage in just 19 games.

Good lord. Broke the tds too lol Blaine had 23. Blake has 24
Lingerie bowl maybe!

Quote:How many super bowls did farve win? focus on 35TDs? Are you rewriting and predicting the future?
Dilfer won 1, Aikman was never a td machine either so no focusing on td's for SB wins is pointless. However you may have been the biggest complainer on the forum about wanting the touchdowns. Now they're coming in bunches, and you're complaining again.
Quote:why did you leave out INTs in your OP?
All 7 of them? Luck did that in 3 games.
Pages: 1 2