Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Julius Thomas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I was watching the game I believe I noticed on more than one occasion that our receivers had to correct Julius during presnap. Did anyone else see this? If that's accurate and it was Julius then it's disturbing to me that he doesn't know the playbook. If it other players along with Julius then it's even more disturbing.
I think he hasn't played in a game in awhile and might need a slight adjustment period...

I think this team is going to play a lot better after the bye...

probably for a number of reasons

We've got another highly paid, injury prone player Smile.....

GO JAGS!!

I noticed it too.  On the Bortles pick-six, he appeared to run the wrong route which resulted in the INT.

Quote:I noticed it too. On the Bortles pick-six, he appeared to run the wrong route which resulted in the INT.

For some this is just an excuse...

Julius will be fine. His skill set is evident.
JT looks like he needs to hit Weight Watchers TBH

[Image: vlcsnap-2010-11-09-10h00m43s130.png]

Quote:We've got another highly paid, injury prone player Smile.....

GO JAGS!!
One that put up 78 yards and a TD in his first real game back.

Quote:I noticed it too.  On the Bortles pick-six, he appeared to run the wrong route which resulted in the INT.
Another view would be that Thomas adjusted his route to the outside coverage from the nickel back and Bortles didn't. Hopefully they'll be discussing that play during their analysis of the game.

Quote: 

Another view would be that Thomas adjusted his route to the outside coverage from the nickel back and Bortles didn't. Hopefully they'll be discussing that play during their analysis of the game.

They definitely weren't on the same page.  Although he did get 78 yards and a touchdown, we also had 2 other targets to Thomas that resulted in INTs, 1 which was returned to for a TD.

It definitely feels like Bortles was forcing the ball to Julius quite a bit.  I think it'll get better.
True Dragon, but he received a chest contussion. So, until he can stay off the injury report for an extended time, I can't help but to think the Denver fans were right. We'll see though. Hopefully he's fine.

GO JAGS!!

Quote:I noticed it too. On the Bortles pick-six, he appeared to run the wrong route which resulted in the INT.

I think he ran a stick route when Bortles thought he was going to run a quick out. You could see the look on Bortles' face that he thought he himself was to blame. We'll never know since we don't know the route tree for the play that was called.
Julius Thomas. Running wrong routes like a boss since 2015...

Quote:JT looks like he needs to hit Weight Watchers TBH

He's always looked like that.