Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I keep hearing Hoyer had "all day" to throw, is that necessarily true?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mean it seemed to me, and I mentioned in another thread, for the most part the ball was out of Hoyer's hands within 3 seconds. Can somebody who went to the game comment on what they actually saw. Also, I want to be clear that I am not saying pass rush is not a problem - it is. I just want to know if anybody else agrees its a little more too it than just blaming everything on rushing the QB.

I was there....he had all day to throw.

Quote:I was there....he had all day to throw.

Define all day.
Hoyer had all day to throw. All day.

Primarily why he was nearly perfect on us.

Pressure is a myth at this point.

A legend that we hear about.
Yes he did. He was able to stand and go through reads without much pressure. The few times we did get some pressure he had tipped passes or throw aways.
Quote:Define all day.

Mostly the time between 1:00 and 4:00
Quote:Mostly the time between 1:00 and 4:00

Okay didn't know 3 seconds was all day. Seriously, what specific play did he have all day to throw? The Foster TD, the back should throw to Hopkins who made a ridiculous one handed catch?

I'd like to go back to the DVR and see these plays where he had all day to throw.
Quote:Okay didn't know 3 seconds was all day. Seriously, what specific play did he have all day to throw? The Foster TD, the back should throw to Hopkins who made a ridiculous one handed catch?

I'd like to go back to the DVR and see these plays where he had all day to throw.

1pm to 4pm....3 hours.  Hopkins first TD...the play immediately before....any number of other plays.  Do you remember us getting pressure on him?  Exactly.
Quote:Okay didn't know 3 seconds was all day. Seriously, what specific play did he have all day to throw? The Foster TD, the back should throw to Hopkins who made a ridiculous one handed catch?

4:27 left in the fourth quarter. That was a vanilla defense on 3rd down after two blitzes that actually worked.

IMO There is a difference between having all day to throw, and throwing without pressure.

No need to have 10 seconds to throw when you can read the defense without having pressure on you.

Hoyer rarely leave the pocket because pressure was nonexistent.

Quote:4:27 left in the fourth quarter. That was a vanilla defense on 3rd down after two blitzes that actually worked.
I dont know if your talking about the same play, but after we got a sack from Skuta and Bennent on 2nd down, so im sitting there like now blitz him again, 3&12 what we do sit back and let him have all day and they pick up the first down smh
Tony Khan confirms.. he had ALL DAY to throw.
Snake.. I really don't advise going back to the DVR. A man can only take so much.
Quote:Snake.. I really don't advise going back to the DVR. A man can only take so much.

Agree. I deleted the recording as soon as it was over.

Quote:Tony Khan confirms.. he had ALL DAY to throw.

According to Tony Khan, all Gabbert needed was 2.6 seconds to be a good NFL QB.  Even he would have carved up our defense.
Quote:I mean it seemed to me, and I mentioned in another thread, for the most part the ball was out of Hoyer's hands within 3 seconds. Can somebody who went to the game comment on what they actually saw. Also, I want to be clear that I am not saying pass rush is not a problem - it is. I just want to know if anybody else agrees its a little more too it than just blaming everything on rushing the QB.

The term "all day" basically means he had enough time to throw the ball in the way that it was designed. He didnt get pressured much and it was apparent most of the game. Thus the term all day.
Quote:According to Tony Khan, all Gabbert needed was 2.6 seconds to be a good NFL QB. Even he would have carved up our defense.

Lol
Quote:The term "all day" basically means he had enough time to throw the ball in the way that it was designed. He didnt get pressured much and it was apparent most of the game. Thus the term all day.

It seemed to be designed for the ball to get out quick. Not sure how pressure would have done much to stop that.what would have pressure done on the first Foster TD. Are NFL DBs unable to cover for more than 4 seconds?
This team is incapable of generating any pressure, we'll make every QB look good. 

Pages: 1 2