Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone see the Colts worse call in history?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Never have I seen anything like I did last night with the Colts lining up everyone to the right and just a snapper and the kicker taking the snap on a 4th down in their end...the snap the ball and 3-4 Patriots just swarm the guy for a loss....it cost them the game in the end imo.....the piss has goota be hitting the fan there today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrtzpdH_uPM

And some people want Pagano to replace Gus...
What were they even trying to do?

Quote:What were they even trying to do?

Draw them offside. The guy should've never snapped the ball, just take the 5 and punt if it didn't work.
Quote:Draw them offside. The guy should've never snapped the ball, just take the 5 and punt if it didn't work.

Ah that makes sense.
Actually what the Colts did was move 9 players to the right, including Pat McAfee, hoping the Patriots would have 12 men on the field when someone (who was not supposed to be Griff Whalen) snapped the ball. Of course the Patriots were too smart to fall for it and had 5 of 11 men around Whalen, knowing he was going to snap the ball instead of the regular long snapper. Both Chuck Pagano and Whalen said there was miscommunication before the snap, which was obvious because Pagano could be seen saying, "Why did you snap the ball?" after the play.

Three Colts players publicly criticized the call. If that was not the stupidest play ever, I want to know what is.

They would've picked up the first down if they did that against the Jaguars

But seriously, that hurt to watch.

Quote: If that was not the stupidest play ever, I want to know what is.
Gerhart up the middle
Someone on the Pats (assuming one of the 3 over the ball) said Colt Anderson (the "QB" in this situation) was yelling "don't snap it, don't snap it!"

I'm assuming Griff Whalen (the "center" in this situation) just heard "snap it, snap it!"

Either way, it was a terrible decision and it ended up being a huge play in the game.

Quote:Gerhart up the middle

You can't be serious. At least Gerhart got it from the quarterback, who got it from the center.
Quote:Someone on the Pats (assuming one of the 3 over the ball) said Colt Anderson (the "QB" in this situation) was yelling "don't snap it, don't snap it!"

I'm assuming Griff Whalen (the "center" in this situation) just heard "snap it, snap it!"

Either way, it was a terrible decision and it ended up being a huge play in the game.

Interesting. But the real question is why did Griff Whalen have the ball?
From another angle:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JP4Y0Xcm4g[/youtube]

COULD YOU IMAGINE IF GUS HAD RUN THIS YESTERDAY !!!  

OH MY !! 

Stick a fork in them and Pagano.  They have had a relatively "easy" schedule up until yesterday.  I don't see them winning any of their next 4 games.

Quote:Interesting. But the real question is why did Griff Whalen have the ball?

Because his twin brother, Biff Whalen, who was supposed to be in there instead of Griff, was injured and on the sidelines.

That's why.
Quote:Stick a fork in them and Pagano.  They have had a relatively "easy" schedule up until yesterday.  I don't see them winning any of their next 4 games.

The first two games were not easy. The Bills and Jets are actually not too bad this season. Their first six games were half AFC East and half AFC South, so their schedule difficulty so far is 50%.

Quote:The first two games were not easy. The Bills and Jets are actually not too bad this season. Their first six games were half AFC East and half AFC South, so their schedule difficulty so far is 50%.

Isn't every game 50%? There are 2 teams playing, so it's 50/50 whether you win or lose. Right?
Quote:Isn't every game 50%? There are 2 teams playing, so it's 50/50 whether you win or lose. Right?

I mean half of the games were hard and half of the games were easy based on their opponents.
Quote:Someone on the Pats (assuming one of the 3 over the ball) said Colt Anderson (the "QB" in this situation) was yelling "don't snap it, don't snap it!"

I mean, with all of that crowd noise being pumped down the stadium it's easy to misconstrue that....

Ninja
Quote:I mean, with all of that crowd noise being pumped down the stadium it's easy to misconstrue that..

Actually that had nothing to do with it.
Pages: 1 2