Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm surprised he hasnt came out in support of Bradley. Can't a media member manage to get a statement from him regarding the current state of the team? Do you think he'll release a statement at some point?
He's not stupid, you get off sinking ships not anchor yourself to them. 

I wouldn't count on it
His first draft is dreadful. On paper, the 2nd draft looks like it will be a good one. His free agent signings have been embarrassing.

I can't make a final read on DC. Iis he improving as a GM every year? Is he part of the problem or the solution? Would getting rid of him be a mistake?
He's too busy finalizing his list of candidates for the next HC .
I don't think Caldwell would come out in support of himself...his [BLEEP] stinks too. He hasn't proven to be even remotely better a GM than Shack Harris.
Quote:I don't think Caldwell would come out in support of himself...his [BAD WORD REMOVED] stinks too. He hasn't proven to be even remotely better a GM than Shack Harris.
He's already light years better than smith.
Quote:He's already light years better than smith.

Though to be fair, a See & Say with random college players on it would be better than Smith. 
Julius on pace to lead the team in drops
Quote:Julius on pace to lead the team in drops

Seems like a desperation signing IMO. Could have gotten BB5 a cheaper/better weapon in Amari Cooper.
Julius Thomas was a desperation signing?! Trolololol
Quote:Julius Thomas was a desperation signing?! Trolololol

Yes.
Quote:Seems like a desperation signing IMO. Could have gotten BB5 a cheaper/better weapon in Amari Cooper.

Yeah because Julius and him play the same position. Drafting cooper wouldn't have been smart seeing how Arob and hurns are playing. Plus if lee is able to get healthy. We would have someone good on the bench and then have no decent TE. Plus we needed pass rush with the first pick as you can see with the way this season is going.
Quote:Julius Thomas was a desperation signing?! Trolololol

Did you not know that signing a top three TE when we have no one else who can play the position effectively is a desperation signing? Time for you to learn a little bit about the game of football.
Quote:Yes.
Seems like a quality receiving TE signing in a year with tons of cap space to me.

He'll be good for Bortles development and production IMO.

Of all the things to moan over... Pfffft

Thomas ain't one of em.
Quote:His first draft is dreadful. On paper, the 2nd draft looks like it will be a good one. His free agent signings have been embarrassing.

I can't make a final read on DC. Iis he improving as a GM every year? Is he part of the problem or the solution? Would getting rid of him be a mistake?

His free agents have been hit and miss. That's always the case in the NFL. It's pure hyperbole to call them dreadful. It's not like he signed another Haynesworth.

As far as Caldwell's first draft: DRob is better than your typical 5th round RB. Gratz is about what one would expect from a 3rd round CB. McCray ... well he was very good last year and I'm not sure why he's not starting this year; he hasn't been burned deep in his limited play this year. 
Joeckel is starting to look decent. With the #2 pick in the draft you'd expect a perennial pro bowler, but that was a really weak draft and there aren't many 1st rounders in 2013 who have stood out. Cyprien and Sanders were the two clear mistakes from that draft. Still a lot better than any of Gene Smith's drafts.
That guy is just one of the people that will complain exclusively. You won't hear one positive thing out of him.
Quote:Yeah because Julius and him play the same position. Drafting cooper wouldn't have been smart seeing how Arob and hurns are playing. Plus if lee is able to get healthy. We would have someone good on the bench and then have no decent TE. Plus we needed pass rush with the first pick as you can see with the way this season is going.

I said weapon.

Lee isn't ever going to get healthy. You do realize that, right?
With the masses calling for Bradley's public execution it would be nice to hear from the GM...
Quote:I said weapon.

Lee isn't ever going to get healthy. You do realize that, right?

Regardless why would we use the first pick on another receiver when we have two good 2nd year WR. We desperately need a pass rush. JT was a good signing since we don't have anything at TE and he has proven to be a good player.
Pages: 1 2