Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Positive: Walters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After a couple more weeks of seeing Walters in action, I'd like to hear some of your guys opinions/reactions on his play.

Do you think the guy deserves to be on the field frequently? Has your opinion on him swayed in any way?

Personally, I want to show him a little "respect." He grabs just about everything thrown his way. He's very good (dependable at least) as a returner. I think he should be on the field often, particularly on crucial downs and critical drives. I think the offense could be that much better with Walters in the game, helping to move the chains and keep drives alive.

There were some people who weren't sold on him a few weeks ago. Any change in that thought now? Seriously, just curious.

Anyway, I know he won't be a "star" or any #1 stud WR. However, I say keep playing the man!
I think he warrants being 3rd behind the Allens on the depth chart. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather see him on the field over Lee and Greene.

There are no positives
Quote:I think he warrants being 3rd behind the Allens on the depth chart. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather see him on the field over Lee and Greene.
Agree. That's basically how I see it also (should've clarified that in the OP).

Hshould be in the game behind the Allens.
Quote:There are no positives

Lol. For Walters specifically?
Quote:Lol. For Walters specifically?
for nothing

None of it matters

It just doesn't matter

1-15

[Image: 200.gif]
Quote:"It just doesn't matter"

Lol,, okay "Meatballs"
Walters is a machine. I figured him for camp fodder, but he's got a little Wes Welker in him.

Quote:for nothing

None of it matters

It just doesn't matter

1-15

Quick someone put a sign on the Wells Fargo tower - "rocdee don't do it! There's more to life than football!"
Another positive is that we won't have a Monday or Sunday night game next year. I hate those prime time games
Walters really cleans up in the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand. ....
Quote:Walters is a machine. I figured him for camp fodder, but he's got a little Wes Welker in him.

He's got heart, for sure.  And he's tough.  And catches the ball.  What's not to like about that guy.  I think Greene becomes very expendable now...  That's how good he is.
He reminds me of a possible Wes Welker /Julian Edelman type player. Let's hope he continues to be solid go to option.

Lee better hurry up and find a way on the field.  

He only reminds you of those players because he's white like they are.

Come on man....they're nothing alike
Quote:Walters really cleans up in the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand. ....
Do you know how nice it is to have someone out there capable of cleaning up in the first place?  I don't want to hype Walters too much. We all remember Mike Thomas, Ace Sanders and Alvis Whitted--receivers who teased the fans with just enough potential to be huge letdowns--and thinking too highly of Walters just puts him on that same slope. Still, though, Walters is a great find and someone who could have a big role as the third receiver going forward. The man catches anything you throw in his general direction. You can't let hands like those ride the pine on third down.
He's got great hands. ARob is a threat anywhere, Hurns intermediate, and Walters short
Walters catches everything thrown at him and doesn't get injured like the other receivers seem to do too often.  He needs more balls thrown his way.

This dude pretty much catches everything thrown his way and makes the plays that are there.

I'd call that a positive.
Pages: 1 2 3