Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus 2 wins 20 losses in Sept & Oct (2013-2015)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To me, this is what's most disappointing. Just when the season should be heating up in November, we've been long gone under this new regime.  In Sept & October combined since 2013, our record has been 2 Wins & 20 Losses.  Yes, that's less than 10% (2 / 22 = 9.09%)

Here's Sept & Oct year by year

2013 - 0 WIns & 8 Losses

2014 - 1 Win & 7 Losses

2015 - 1 Win & 5 Losses

So Sad !!

Terrible.

Mr. Khan should have the next word.

September/October are meaningless....everyone knows that November/December is where it counts!
Quote:Mr. Khan should have the next word.

Hes got no balls.
Quote:Mr. Khan should have the next word.

I can think of a few words that he can use.
Quote:To me, this is what's most disappointing. Just when the season should be heating up in November, we've been long gone under this new regime.  In Sept & October combined since 2013, our record has been 2 Wins & 20 Losses.  Yes, that's less than 10% (2 / 22 = 9.09%)

2013 - 0 WIns & 8 Losses

2014 - 1 Win & 7 Losses

2015 - 1 Win & 5 Losses

So Sad !!

They've just been getting the losses out of the way early.

Can't go 11-5 without the five losses.
Come on now...Gus has the chance to get another win in October. Those numbers will be WAYYYY more respectable if he does you just cant see the big picture yet

Quote:They've just been getting the losses out of the way early.

Good point. 

Assuming the Pats beat the Colts tonight, we're only 2 games out of 1st.
The Jaguars have hired a defensive coach and three years in the defense is still terrible.

Khan is a fraud for putting up with this. I don't care about London, scoreboards and swimming pools....I care about a legit NFL head coach who knows X and Os. Let Marrone coach half a year and prove himself.
Quote:To me, this is what's most disappointing. Just when the season should be heating up in November, we've been long gone under this new regime.  In Sept & October combined since 2013, our record has been 2 Wins & 20 Losses.  Yes, that's less than 10% (2 / 22 = 9.09%)

2013 - 0 WIns & 8 Losses

2014 - 1 Win & 7 Losses

2015 - 1 Win & 5 Losses

So Sad !!

So, what you're telling us is that his 5 wins are in garbage time (within the season) when any hope of anything good is far out of reach and we end up beating a few bottom feeder teams who have already shut it down for the season.

And we label it "progress" ...

Hmmm.....
Quote:They've just been getting the losses out of the way early.

I would not even make a bet that Gus could get to 11 wins by the end of his 4th season as HC, and yes, that's counting all 4 seasons of wins together.
Quote:Good point. 

Assuming the Pats beat the Colts tonight, we're only 2 games out of 1st.

See, I was like you about 6 hours ago.  I thought hey, we still got a chance at this.  We very well could be in the playoff hunt.  

But after this game...  I just don't think I have it in me to believe anymore.  I'll keep cheering and hoping for wins.  But I don't believe that this team with this coach has the ability to win this division anymore.  

Our defense is too soft.  Our offense is hindered with a weak O-Line that doesn't really help us win on first down.  Our playcalling on offense is a bit predictable...  And we make silly mistakes at the wrong time.

I just don't see how we can catch up to the clots.  We can't even beat the tinhorns.
Somebody ask Gus why they don't want to call timeouts in the 1st half.. Does he think the things roll over to the 2nd half. Do not try to keep a fast pace. Slow it down and give that slow attention span offense time to see and be told who they are blocking. Routes WR are running or holes the RB are hitting. Once we take the lead call timeout so that you can tell the Defense that they have not won the game and we are still playing the game. I say the post game crap and he doesn't know why we can't finish. He finds a word that sounds good and just over uses it.(PRESS)(OVER PRESS) What??????? We try to do to much. What? On 3rd down we don't do enough. I am tired of it. I will call it. Bills beat Jags.... 34-17

Quite frankly - Gus should be fired on Monday for this disaster. 

With what 6 wins in December and November? This guy is such trash. At least JDR was a good coordinator and decent head coach.

Couldn't even carry coughlins jockstrap.
Gus is equal to the working world having a manager for a business that can't make money and pay its employees year after year.

2 wins when the season means something and 6 more in trash games to destroy draft positioning but they call those wins "progress". I thought those "progress" wins are supposed to roll over to the next year as a springboard for success for the next one. LOL this guy is trash.
Quote:2 wins when the season means something and 6 more in trash games to destroy draft positioning but they call those wins "progress". I thought those "progress" wins are supposed to roll over to the next year as a springboard for success for the next one. LOL this guy is trash.

lol sounds accurate, we play our last meaningful game in October. 
Pages: 1 2