Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The problems today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our biggest problem at the moment is that Bortles and the Allens are our team. Period. If they don't do it, nobody else will get anything done on this team right now. I don't know why we can't get any kind of running game, and I don't know why our o-line plays Jeckyll and Hyde every sunday. 

The good news is that Bortles DOES have the talent to carry the team......but not the experience. The bad news is that he is, for better or worse, a very young 23 year old QB, and his drive to win and the desperation of it being all on his shoulders, combined with that lack of experience is showing via inconsistent accuracy and interceptions when we need them the least.

I DO think with time, he will improve his accuracy and his decision-making. Both are, in spite of today's less than perfect performance, still a great improvement over last year.

But right now, we are simply not going to win by putting the game on his shoulders. He isn't ready. 

This team will go NOWHERE until we get the running game to a respectable level, and get the defense to stop making every QB look like a HOFer.

Quote:This team will go NOWHERE until we get the running game to a respectable level, and get the defense to stop making every QB look like a HOFer.
This is our BIGGEST problem, especially the last portion.
well said.

Quote:Our biggest problem at the moment is that Bortles and the Allens are our team. Period. If they don't do it, nobody else will get anything done on this team right now. I don't know why we can't get any kind of running game, and I don't know why our o-line plays Jeckyll and Hyde every sunday. 

The good news is that Bortles DOES have the talent to carry the team......but not the experience. The bad news is that he is, for better or worse, a very young 23 year old QB, and his drive to win and the desperation of it being all on his shoulders, combined with that lack of experience is showing via inconsistent accuracy and interceptions when we need them the least.

I DO think with time, he will improve his accuracy and his decision-making. Both are, in spite of today's less than perfect performance, still a great improvement over last year.

But right now, we are simply not going to win by putting the game on his shoulders. He isn't ready. 

This team will go NOWHERE until we get the running game to a respectable level, and get the defense to stop making every QB look like a HOFer.
Bortles has not demonstrated that he is good enough to 'carry' this or any other team. If you happen to listen to or read any commentary about Bortles there is always a 'qualifier' included about his future. It typically goes something like... 'we think Bortles is the future of this franchise'. That caveat says it all...

He might turn out to be a really excellent quarterback, or he might only be backup material. We don't know because he is still so inconsistent. Time will tell. 
The problem today?

[Image: 20130907-primer.jpg]

Quote:Bortles has not demonstrated that he is good enough to 'carry' this or any other team. If you happen to listen to or read any commentary about Bortles there is always a 'qualifier' included about his future. It typically goes something like... 'we think Bortles is the future of this franchise'. That caveat says it all...

He might turn out to be a really excellent quarterback, or he might only be backup material. We don't know because he is still so inconsistent. Time will tell. 

Based on the throws he makes, and his improvement from year one to year two, I firmly believe the arrow is pointed upward with him. But he isn't there yet.
You know... posting on here has become pretty boring because it's always about the same thing every Sunday; our team sucks out loud. The Jags have become pretty boring for me as a fan too because they've become so predictable.

... some one wake me up when this team is worth watching and cheering for again.

Quote:Based on the throws he makes, and his improvement from year one to year two, I firmly believe the arrow is pointed upward with him. But he isn't there yet.
agreed.
The team gave up over thirty points to the Buccaneers and Texans back to back....

Quote:Bortles has not demonstrated that he is good enough to 'carry' this or any other team. If you happen to listen to or read any commentary about Bortles there is always a 'qualifier' included about his future. It typically goes something like... 'we think Bortles is the future of this franchise'. That caveat says it all...

No man, Bortles is at least a decent starter. After years of Jags football, I know a QB bust when I see it, and Bortles ain't it. He isn't backup material. The only question is if he is Franchise, cause right now he is starter level. I am certain he would be better with better pieces around him and not feeling the need to press. He is the reason we are competative right now and I am glad hes trying. He needs to get better, but he has shown SO  much more than any QB we have drafted since Garrard (and Garrard had a way different style, and a lot more time to adjust his game).

A step in the right direction would be to get rid of the guy who keeps making stupid challenges and costing the team timeouts.

Quote:This team will go NOWHERE until we get the running game to a respectable level, and get the defense to stop making every QB look like a HOFer.

How true!
Blake has showed a lot of improvements from his rookie season to year 2 even with a horrible D and no running game to help him. The area we thought that was maybe improved, the oline, has failed to really help him.

If we even had something within the same universe that resembled a running game it would take so much pressure off of him.

Blake missed another wide open touchdown today. He's playing better this year but cant keep missing the easy ones.
Quote:If we even had something within the same universe that resembled a running game it would take so much pressure off of him.

Yeldon is 17th in rushing and didn't even play today. He would be in the top 10..
Quote:Blake missed another wide open touchdown today. He's playing better this year but cant keep missing the easy ones.

And another pick 6.
Quote:The problem today?

[Image: 20130907-primer.jpg]

Sad but true... time for Gus to be fired

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...x/2015.htm

Look at how bad the Defense is stat wise... sad..