Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Losing UK fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As. British fan I was really looking forward to the Jaguars game in London. After the garbage I've just witnessed, I just think it's going to be depressing and embarrassing.

I don't suppose it matters, because it will bring in lots of money to the organisation, but we're not going to win any fans in the UK playing like that, (and don't believe the Jaguars stats about tens of thousands of UK fans, that's just people who have signed up for the email newsletters - the Jaguars fan base here is still small compared to most other franchises) Seriously, how many people over here will be watching this and thinking about buying Jaguars merchandise and booking flights to see their team in Jacksonville ?

If I hadn't already paid for tickets, travel and pre-game drinks, I'd seriously think about staying at home. I appreciate this might not be the biggest concern right now, but the Jaguars have got a major image problem right now and I pity the PR people over here who have to put a positive spin on this...
...but you can visit the Landing

Meh, I'm still going. I'm in for the bad times too...

Until Shad Khan starts to feel it in the pocketbook, there is no real incentive for him to make any changes.  Right now, people are forking out money to attend games.  

Fans need to stand up to this garbage and demand better.  
We never had many anyway. The numbers are skewed.

"Who is yor favorite NFL team*?"

*Select the Jaguars for the chance to win NFL tickets
Quote:As. British fan I was really looking forward to the Jaguars game in London. After the garbage I've just witnessed, I just think it's going to be depressing and embarrassing.

I don't suppose it matters, because it will bring in lots of money to the organisation, but we're not going to win any fans in the UK playing like that, (and don't believe the Jaguars stats about tens of thousands of UK fans, that's just people who have signed up for the email newsletters - the Jaguars fan base here is still small compared to most other franchises) Seriously, how many people over here will be watching this and thinking about buying Jaguars merchandise and booking flights to see their team in Jacksonville ?

If I hadn't already paid for tickets, travel and pre-game drinks, I'd seriously think about staying at home. I appreciate this might not be the biggest concern right now, but the Jaguars have got a major image problem right now and I pity the PR people over here who have to put a positive spin on this...
I think the thing is, a lot of people over here will buy the merchandise on a whim. I think they'll go for the exhibition factor.

But you're right, no 'new' fans will come from the showing they're currently offering.
just tell yourself at least it is some type of football.

Fortunately a friend of mine is getting married this Sunday so I have an excuse for not spending any money travelling to London to watch this crap
Ah, come on now. It won't be that bad.

For the first half at least.

All bets are off for the second half.

Quote:We never had many anyway. The numbers are skewed.

"Who is yor favorite NFL team*?"

*Select the Jaguars for the chance to win NFL tickets
lol I love British humor!! 
I don't understand why UK would want to be fans and waste their time and money to watch the Jaguars.  The Jags have sucked since going to London.  I want to see lots of empty seats in the London stadium on Sunday morning.

Quote:Ah, come on now. It won't be that bad.

For the first half at least.

All bets are off for the second half.
Just tell us Brits that it's literally only the first half that counts and that the 3rd and 4th quarter are just played for fun.

That'll work.
Quote:Until Shad Khan starts to feel it in the pocketbook, there is no real incentive for him to make any changes.  Right now, people are forking out money to attend games.  

Fans need to stand up to this garbage and demand better.  
Or, he just moves the team when that happens. And the odds of Jax ever getting another team? Probably around the same as the Jags winning the division this year. 

Khan has the entire fanbase by the balls. I think he has good intentions, but the moment the Jags fans start voting with their wallets, Khan has zero reason to keep the team in a city where he has zero affiliation or loyalty. 
Quote:I don't understand why UK would want to be fans and waste their time and money to watch the Jaguars.  The Jags have sucked since going to London.  I want to see lots of empty seats in the London stadium on Sunday morning.

I think you'll be disappointed there... it's sold out... again, for the exhibition side of things, I think.
Quote:...but you can visit the Landing

Can somebody explain to me the odor (stank) of the Landing?  It smells like maybe that's the way reality could possibly have smelled like in prehistoric times maybe.  Somebody explain to me what that smell is.
Quote:Just tell us Brits that it's literally only the first half that counts and that the 3rd and 4th quarter are just played for fun.

That'll work.

The first half you pay attention to. The second half you just get drunk as hell and enjoy that. 
Quote:Meh, I'm still going. I'm in for the bad times too...
But will you live to see the good ones, that is the real question.

Quote:Can somebody explain to me the odor (stank) of the Landing?  It smells like maybe that's the way reality could possibly have smelled like in prehistoric times maybe.  Somebody explain to me what that smell is.

Rocdee committed an act of flatulence 30 years ago. 

In fairness we've sucked well before they came to London.

There won't be empty seats as it's another sell out, but the crowd will be completely flat until some day trippers decide to try and start a Mexican wave
Quote:Meh, I'm still going. I'm in for the bad times too...

That's good, because we're on a solid decade of terrible here. There are no jags fans left who aren't in for the bad times.
Pages: 1 2 3