Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Live by the 3 die by the 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This seems very apt of our situation. Bortles had 368 yards passing, 3TDs and 3INTs. They say in basketball a team that lives by the 3 pointer dies by it too. Same with Bortles. At times Bortles had us in the game and was making yards on his own. And then at other times he killed us. This is what happens when you have no running game and have to rely completely on the pass. This O-Line has GOT to be fixed this offseason once and for all. Yeldon is a good back, anyone complaining about him can shut up now. The fact he produces what he does behind this trash is impressive in itself. You could put any running back in the league behind this line and the best they could do is what Yeldon has gave us. Until we fix the O-Line, we will have no running game. And until we have a running game we will be a one dimensional team and that is going to result in the turnovers especially with a young QB.

I agree. I'm Offensive lineman, and I'm putt this on the O line.

The commentators kept alluding to Bortles drifting to the right of the pocket. What they didn't mention was Joeckel getting bull rushed and driven back into Blake all the time
Yeah. Of course he's going to drift to his right when the left side gets blown up all the time and he knows it.

nailed it. Young and inexperienced offense needs a running game. The defense is bend, bend, bend and snap. Need more talent on both sides of the ball but man a running game would help.

but of course bortles is the only reason we ever lose

When you ask your 2nd year QB to do everything, it's gonna be tough.

But man, he's a gamer. 

Unfortunately, he's still got some growing to do.  But that O-Line is porous.  You can tell he started to lack trust in the line holding up in pass protection.  

i agree.

Quote:This seems very apt of our situation. Bortles had 368 yards passing, 3TDs and 3INTs. They say in basketball a team that lives by the 3 pointer dies by it too. Same with Bortles. At times Bortles had us in the game and was making yards on his own. And then at other times he killed us. This is what happens when you have no running game and have to rely completely on the pass. This O-Line has GOT to be fixed this offseason once and for all. Yeldon is a good back, anyone complaining about him can shut up now. The fact he produces what he does behind this trash is impressive in itself. You could put any running back in the league behind this line and the best they could do is what Yeldon has gave us. Until we fix the O-Line, we will have no running game. And until we have a running game we will be a one dimensional team and that is going to result in the turnovers especially with a young QB.
I was thinking the same thing about Yeldon today. The fact he can get anywhere near 4 yards an attempt in a miracle.
Quote:When you ask your 2nd year QB to do everything, it's gonna be tough.

But man, he's a gamer. 

Unfortunately, he's still got some growing to do.  But that O-Line is porous.  You can tell he started to lack trust in the line holding up in pass protection.  
Exactly. There are only so many Andrew Lucks who just ball out from day one. This guy is playing and keeping us in games he just is asked to do so much. He is still developing is in on track to shatter everyone of our franchises passing records this year. He's the guy for this team. 

The roster just isn't there yet. The pass rush and run game is holding this team back not Bortles. 
Linder is the only player on the line that is a legitimate starter.  The whole thing needs fixed.