Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yeldon not practicing today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>@ESPNdirocco</a>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">RB TJ Yeldon not at <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars'>#Jaguars</a> walkthru. Not a good sign for Sunday vs Texans.

They already said he'd be a gametime decision.

It's not like the run blocking is helping him any, so Houston probably wasn't worried whether he'd play or not

I'd rather they hold him out than push him out there.  Soft-tissue injuries need to heal and are more than just a pain tolerance thing.

Sucks, but with DRob back its much less of a blow.
Drob will be back, hope he can stay healthy.

Quote:I'd rather they hold him out than push him out there.  Soft-tissue injuries need to heal and are more than just a pain tolerance thing.

Is that you Marqise?
Let's sit him down another week to ensure that the healing process takes full effect. It looks like Gerhart will handle the load (to which is quite capable of doing so) as D-Rob slowly gets back into the groove...

NH3...

Quote:Sucks, but with DRob back its much less of a blow.
This is true but we must be careful to not overwork D-Rob as well..

NH3...
So one of Yeldon's qualities i've read is that he excels at pass protection.  How is DRob in this category?  This is for you guys the study "the tape".  I only watch games live and you can only see so much.  RB blocking is one i don't seem to notice.

Might be time to completely abandon the running attack. Let Blake toss it 50-60 times a game. Use bubble screens and the like to fuel the short-yardage game ala the Patriots.

Quote:Sucks, but with DRob back its much less of a blow.
...except DRob isn't exactly ironman when it comes to injuries himself.
Quote:So one of Yeldon's qualities i've read is that he excels at pass protection.  How is DRob in this category?  This is for you guys the study "the tape".  I only watch games live and you can only see so much.  RB blocking is one i don't seem to notice.
Actually... I think of of Drobs best qualities was his pass pro and play out of the backfield.

But he improved every year between the tackles.

I think DRob should've been the starter with Yeldon the Spell back...for this year

but that's just me...
Quote: It looks like Gerhart will handle the load (to which is quite capable of doing so)
HU?! o.O

Gerhart's 10 yds on 5 carries leads you to believe he is quite capable of handling the load??

nooooooooooooooooooo

We need Drob... I'm OK with resting Yeldon's groin...

but we need Drob
Quote:Let's sit him down another week to ensure that the healing process takes full effect. It looks like Gerhart will handle the load (to which is quite capable of doing so) as D-Rob slowly gets back into the groove...

NH3...
I can see letting DRob sit this one out as there's no point in rushing him now. However, I don't share your optimism about Toby being able to 'handle the load' if by that you mean be effective as a running back for us. I guess we'll see if I'm wrong about this. 
Quote:Might be time to completely abandon the running attack. Let Blake toss it 50-60 times a game. Use bubble screens and the like to fuel the short-yardage game ala the Patriots.

I don't think this type of adjustment is in our staff.  I'm sure we'll stick with what has gotten us this far. Insert head shakes, uh ohs or any other we're doomed comment you want.
Quote:HU?! o.O

Gerhart's 10 yds on 5 carries leads you to believe he is quite capable of handling the load??

nooooooooooooooooooo

We need Drob... I'm OK with resting Yeldon's groin...

but we need Drob

Depends how you define capable Smile.
Quote:Might be time to completely abandon the running attack. Let Blake toss it 50-60 times a game. Use bubble screens and the like to fuel the short-yardage game ala the Patriots.

Works in Madden.  Or wait, will that get Bortles killed if he tries to throw?
I dont want Yeldon rushing back in to get hurt but if he is truly good to go then...go...

Why limit DRob? If he's practicing full then the risk of re-injury is probably pretty low
Pages: 1 2