Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans Game to be Windy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Forecasts for Sunday's game is set set to be fairly windy.

Weather.com has 18 mph winds around game time from the NNE. Weather Underground has 14-25 mph winds from NNE. 

Could drastically affect the kicking game given the poor kick coverage and Myer's newness.

The two teams blow enough already no need to add more...

joke

Meyers might get cut this week....especially if he costs us another game.
If that happens I hope they rehire Scobee.

I really hope Meyers can score this weekend. I don't want to hear about missing kicks or cutting players and such come Monday.
Actually this might be very interesting. To see how Bortles plays in weather.
Been windy here in Texas the past few days, gonna be interesting to see how the gameplan changes if the winds are bad during the game
Run the ball! Stop foster.
Myers is a placeholder. The sixth we got for Scobee will be used on our future kicker
Quote:I really hope Meyers can score this weekend. I don't want to hear about missing kicks or cutting players and such come Monday.
I Second this Motion...

NH3...
Quote:I Second this Motion...

NH3...
I second this emotion.
Quote:If that happens I hope they rehire Scobee.

Yea that'd totally make a lot of sense.
Quote:I second this emotion.

Sustained
With the stadium design, I'm not sure most of the passing game would be affected by the wind. 

Scobee is still dealing with a quad injury. Even if you were going to replace Myers, you cannot do that with Scobee.

Come on, fellas. Let's give Myers a season before we bury him. It's not like scobee was 100% when he first came into the league.
That means we gotta run it?

Oh boy...

Is 18mph really considered windy? Sounds like a light breeze to me...

In New Mexico, winds blow 40 mph during the month of April, and it gusts up to 60 mph.
Weather.com is currently showing sustained winds around 18 to 19 mph throughout the game.

There's a light breeze in the stadium. Nothing game changing. It's whipping pretty good above us, but the flags in the stadium are barely moving. I don't see it being much of a factor. Anger and Myer were both warming up just fine.
Will it effect the quarterbacks??

Pages: 1 2