Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If the defense shows up, Sunday should be a no brainer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have showed that we have a spark offensively. However, I do think people are overrating our offense a little to quick, I'll believe it when I can see consistency for most of the rest of the season. That being said, the Texans' defense is Swiss cheese. They have JJ Watt, but other than that, they are hot trash, (look at their numbers this year). I do believe we will win this game, but only if the defense can play well.

How about we actually start blitzing QBs? It seriously looks like we're playing soft 3 deep zone most of the time.... I understand that we have to makeup for a lack of talent on defense, but I don't think it will hurt to be a lot more aggressive on defense.

What do you guys think?

We got beat by the Bucs and a 40 year old grandpa.

I think we will get smoked.
If Marks, DRob and Poz are back on Sunday and we lose my brain would probably expload. We'll be as close to full strength as we're ever going to be at home against a bad team with a very average QB.

Houston third down defense and pass defense are better than the statistics give them credit. It's not a given the offense will continue at their pace.

Defense offense and special teams need to execute the game plan for a close game.
Quote:We got beat by the Bucs and a 40 year old grandpa.

Hahaha i feel you

I have the gut feeling that we're gonna win and I'm rolling with it. But I can completely see your perspective too  Sick
Well if the defense shows up the offense will not. So far this season, both units havent played well together. Its either one or the other.
Quote:If Marks, DRob and Poz are back on Sunday and we lose my brain would probably expload. We'll be as close to full strength as we're ever going to be at home against a bad team with a very average QB.
I just hope they can play competitively coming off of injuries.

On paper, yes, they look to improve our defense but I hope we can see the MARKed improvement immediately on Sunday.
Quote:We have showed that we have a spark offensively. However, I do think people are overrating our offense a little to quick, I'll believe it when I can see consistency for most of the rest of the season.

I agree.

For the most part,, the offense has not been good this season (scoring points,,converting big drives at critical times). Last week was the only game that they looked legit.

So yeah,, there is a spark that has been shown. Let's see if it continues.
Quote:Well if the defense shows up the offense will not. So far this season, both units havent played well together. Its either one or the other.

I want to disagree but this happens entirely too often for me to.

Let us all pray that, for once during this regime, this does not happen and all phases play well enough for us to win.
my boy purplenurple!

There are no "no brainers" when it comes to the Jaguars winning games, none.

Quote:We got beat by the Bucs and a 40 year old grandpa.

Both teams are better than the Texans IMO, we shall see if we can be ahead of the texans too.

I do believe if the D is healthy we have a very strong chance to win this as long as our O keeps it up as well but our Oline has me a little nervous again after last week.
Short routes -- get rid of the ball quick --- negate their pass rush with some 3 WR schemes

What defense?

The only time our so-called defense allowed less than 300 total yards was against Carolina, and they lost that game as well.

Quote:Short routes -- get rid of the ball quick --- negate their pass rush with some 3 WR schemes

You make it sound so easy, but we all know that's just not the way it is around here.
We are playing bend but don't break scheme but have difficulty getting to the QB. Essentially, the Jags HAVE to win the field position battle. You CANNOT give short fields to the other team, because then you really have no room for bend but don't break.

We also HAVE to create some sort of turnovers. If they cannot get to the QB, they need to basically play the passing lanes to tip balls and really try to play tight on the WR.

I honestly see no reason to NOT have Hopkins double-teamed nearly all game and try to use a LB spy on Foster all game to watch for dump offs.