Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Match-up of the Week: Davon House vs DeAndre Hopkins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is going to be a good battle. House must take Hopkins out of the game. They are similar in size with House actually being a little faster and quicker (according to combine results, if that means anything). Hopkins beats him in vertical and is slightly stronger.

House played well against Mike Evans last week, hopefully his play will carry over against the Texans.

If House plays well and the Jags play well against the run, our chances will sky rocket in Jacksonville on Sunday.

Go Jags!

I think what's more important is our front 4 getting the pressure, and hopefully some sacks, to alter their offense. 

Hopkins is a beast but their QB situation is wishy-washy. We need to get pressure, easier said than done though...

Is House even playing Sun?
Na....House will need help over the top.

Your talking like he will stick him one on one. Hopkins will own House in man to man. Gus likes that zone coverage crap.
House gonna get smoked
Hopkins should go over 100.
Quote:Na....House will need help over the top.

Your talking like he will stick him one on one. Hopkins will own House in man to man. Gus likes that zone coverage crap.
pretty sure they said "we like what he can do in man press" in reference to House
@ Kane

Then in that case, House gets smoked.
I think house is gonna be toast.. I really like the dude but I just don't think he's a good enough starting CB in the league

Hopkins is a player that's going to get yards. He gets like 20 targets a game. Our best chance is to minimize his yards and prevent YAC.there is just no true way to truly take him out of the game unless someone shanks him in the tunnel.
I like House, he's the only CB we have that makes plays on the football. That being said, Hopkins will probably have a big game but that is no indictment on House. Hopkins is pretty much unstoppable this year and is criminally underrated. Top 5 WR in my opinion. Gus would be foolish to leave him in single coverage.
Quote:I think house is gonna be toast.. I really like the dude but I just don't think he's a good enough starting CB in the league

I agree with you completely. He ain't no lockdown type of guy.

Hopkins wins that match up all day everyday. House is just a guy
He has to stay on the field first. He seems to get hurt or some type of other issue (dehydration) every game.

Also with us always playing soft zone, I doubt he will be on him more then 40% of the snaps.
Quote:I agree with you completely. He ain't no lockdown type of guy.

How many lock down corners are there in the league? Maybe 5? House is a decent starting corner.
Quote:I agree with you completely. He ain't no lockdown type of guy.

House is just a guy......with the 2nd most passes defended in the league.
LOLOL

House has been holding his side down, but he'll get toasted.

Ok...
Quote:House is just a guy......with the 2nd most passes defended in the league.

How many interceptions again?
Quote:How many interceptions again?
If that's the measure you use to judge DBs, oy!
Quote:If that's the measure you use to judge DBs, oy!

It's by no means the measure i use to judge DBs

But it is the measure i use to judge a FA brought in here to step up and make plays.. which he has.. but no generated turnovers. There's no reason that he shouln't have at least a couple of picks this year
Quote:How many interceptions again?

How many interceptions does Richard Sherman have again?
Pages: 1 2 3