Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We could be real good next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beyond all the 'Bortles will have another year under his belt' stuff.

We will have Fowler to go along with our 1st round pick.

We will have a new coach.

We could sign Chris Long, Chad Greenway

We can finally draft a high quality Corner or Safety.
Quote:Beyond all the 'Bortles will have another year under his belt' stuff.

I am actually slightly optimistic about next year - a new HC could actually get us into the playoffs.  

Being better next season is a possibility... as is winning the lottery, or getting hit by a meteor. But I'm just wondering; by 'better' do you mean we may actually have a better end of season record, or by 'better' do you mean that individuals on the team will post improved statistics?

The biggest thing is getting the right man for the head coaching job. We have the foundation for a great offense and should be able to get a stud for the defense along with a ton of caproom.
Quote:Being better next season is a possibility... as is winning the lottery, or getting hit by a meteor. But I'm just wondering; by 'better' do you mean we may actually have a better end of season record, or by 'better' do you mean that individuals on the team will post improved statistics?

Bradley has lost the locker room, so I was speaking on next season.
Quote:Bradley has lost the locker room, so I was speaking on next season.

I get people thinking he is a bad coach but what indicates he lost the locker room? from all accounts players play hard for him and like him so I don't understand why you said that like it's a fact. Miami was a situation where he lost the locker room. Beforehand you could hear whispers from anonymous players saying things about the coach. That is what always happens. You've never heard anything like that about Gus. So while you can easily say Gus is a bad coach from his record ect saying he lost the locker room at this point is a stretch.
I'm curious where it has been shown that's he's "lost the locker room".  I haven't read or heard anything about it.

We have an Multitude of players that will be Real Good next season. Pick One. As for a "New HC", I doubt that we'll take that route. If we were to do so, it'll set us back another two to three years w/respect to having a new scheme on both sides of the ball. So I say this...

Let's let the professionals handle their business. Let's wait until the season is over before we start demanding someone gets canned...

NH3...

A Prime Example of Stating the Unknown. This statement is nothing more than RIDICULIOUSNESS at it's worst...   Wallbash

NH3...
I like it. Real hope without Gus Bradley. A quality head coach will lead this team on the right side of the win column.
....real good next season.

I'd like to be real good in the here and now for once in a long time.
One thing that's interested me from recent interviews is that expectations were set if anything lower than reality for the last two years. It makes a very clear distinction between the fan base and the people whose opinions actually matter in making these decisions. This is the third year of Gus Bradley disappointing the fanbase. But it's the first year of him disappointing Shad Kahn.

Statements like this are the reason why anything you might have to say that is legitimate will be passed by as another clown post.

As far as the subject, no doubt the team will be better next year. That's what generally happens when players gain experience.

How do you know? Got any links backing that up?
We need a major infusion of talent and depth on the defensive side of the ball. I feel the offense is almost set up well enough to score points consistently. Could use another LT/LG, and probably another TE. I feel we are set at QB, WR, and RB, barring injuries.
What is real good.... 6 wins?

Quote:We need a major infusion of talent and depth on the defensive side of the ball. I feel the offense is almost set up well enough to score points consistently. Could use another LT/LG, and probably another TE. I feel we are set at QB, WR, and RB, barring injuries.

Depth has been a developmental process for the past couple of years. That's going to continue as they maintain their focus of building through the draft. That will be the case in both sides of the ball.
Quote:Beyond all the 'Bortles will have another year under his belt' stuff.

- Bortles with even more experience will in fact be dangerous for opposing defenses.

- It will be great to have Fowler back. He was tied with Leonard Williams for the top overall player for me.

- Yes, more than likely.. We will have a new head coach. I'll miss Bradley's personality, but maybe it's time for a change.

- Chris Long? Chad Greenway? Are you kidding? Both are starting their decline and we have our WLB in Telvin Smith. Greenway isn't very good in the middle either. Greenway definitely doesn't make sense, and I'm not sure Long does either.

- Agreed. Secondary has some nice pieces, but we need to continue to improve that unit.