Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For years, thanks to Manning, the Colts have had a virtual monopoly on the AFC South divisional title.  Manning was so good and stayed so healthy, fans of other teams could only hope he would suddenly retire to have a shot to beat them out for tops in the division.  One year-ONE-Manning has a neck injury that keeps him out the entire year.  The stranglehold is over, right?  Not so fast.  As fate would have it, the year Manning missed was Andrew Luck's last year in college.  The Colts wound up with the first overall pick, and took a once in a generation prospect in Andrew Luck, and Colts dominance continued.  However this year, the Colts AND Andrew Luck have struggled.  They lost their first two games, and Luck missed the last two games with an injury.  The rest of the division finally had the chance to wrest control of the division from the Colts.  Not so fast.  Led by 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck, the Colts managed to beat Jacksonville in Indy thanks to three missed FGs by the new rookie kicker, and then in a short week, went on the road and beat Houston.  They now lead the division by 2 games.  Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash   However, there is a ray of hope-false though it may be.  The Colts have a daunting task ahead of them.  If they lose to New England (who is on another level), they will only be a game ahead in the division.

On to this week's games...

Texans (1-4) at Jacksonville (1-4)-a game featuring two teams that can't get out of their own way, both losing what they had to consider to be winnable games to Indy, and in Jacksonville's case, Tampa.  I know both of Jacksonville's last two losses were on the road, and maybe home cooking will do them some good, but despite having an edge at QB, I can't bring myself to pick Jacksonville again until they win a winnable game.  I am not sure this week is that week.  Houston 20-Jacksonville, 17.

Miami (1-3) at Tennessee (1-3)-In a battle of two teams having early byes, Miami is playing their first game since firing former head coach Joe Philbin, up against the tacks, who are fresh off a tough loss to Buffalo.  Here's hoping that Philbin's firing lights a fire under the Miami squad.  Dolphins 23, Tennessee 20.

New England (5-0) at Indy (3-2)-In the league's featured matchup this week, the traditional rivals renew acquaintances.  I think Luck returns, but I don't see them stopping New England.  Pats 34 Colts 24.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  8-8

Texans over Jags

Titans over Dolphins

Pats over Colts

Last week 1-2

Overall 7-5
Idk what to pick.

Obviously Patriots over Colts.

I'm going to go with the Titans over Dolphins because of home field.

And for the Jags. I want them to win, but I don't want gus anymore. So personal feelings aside going with home team again Jaguars over Texans

Last week 2-1

Overall 10-6
3-0 Last week

10-6 Overall

This week's picks:

PATS

TITANS

TEXANS

- I'm with Bullseye. As much as I'd like to pick the Jags,, they have to start actually winning these "winnable" matchups with more consistency before I pick them again. Jags have proven time and again that most weeks they are going to lose. Roughly 75% of their games are going to be losses.

- The Texans have a real chance to "salvage" their season and division hopes the next 3 weeks.

Their next 3 opponents:

@Jags

@Dolphins

vs Titans

If a team is looking to recover and get right back in the thick of their division race, it doesn't get much easier than that!

Will the Texans take advantage of a ridiculously easy 3 week schedule? Lol, we'll see.
Update:  Patriots' LT Nate Solder supposedly out for the rest of the year with a torn bicep, per PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...rn-biceps/

While I don't think his replacement is very good, I don't think the Colts can rush the passer particularly well, either.

Ultimately, my pick this week remains the same, though the Patriots may hit a few bumps down the road.

These are getting more and more depressing...

Houston @ Jacksonville I don't think Houston has a shot versus a decent team with their QB situation in the state of flux that they have created around it. That being said, I'm not certain that Jacksonville has it in them to put together a truly decent game from all four parts of the team, homefield advantage notwithstanding. I just think Houston's Defense is going to be too much for Jacksonville to overcome, but I'm going to go with blind, homeristic optimism here and pick Jax at home. Come on boys, make it do what it do.

Miami @ Tennessee Miami stinks, I think we can all see that but coaching changes are sometimes good for one, maybe two wins for an awful team. Add to that that now teams have the fabled "four games of film" to watch on Mariota and I think they exploit what he can't do. Miami with the win on enemy turf.

New England @ Indianapolis You could take all of the points that Bullseye had total in the game and give them to New England and I don't think that'll be enough. While I don't necessarily buy into the storyline of "revenge" as much as most people, I do think that New England is out to prove something. New England wins this one going away.

NE over Indianapolis  New England will accomplish what Jacksonville and Houston couldn't.  With or without Andrew Luck I don't think the Colts are a very good team.

Tennessee over Miami  Normally I would think the other way around, but there is chaos in Miami right now.  Tennessee is actually not playing as bad as I thought they were.

Jacksonville over Houston  I'm almost inclined to pick the other way around, but I do think that after the "wake up call" this past Sunday combined with getting a couple of injured players back and being at home, the Jaguars will pull off the win.  One note to mention though, Houston is coming into this game a little more "fresh" after their "mini bye week".

Last week - 2-1

Overall - 8-8

Last week 2-1.

Overall 9-7.

Jags over Texans

Titans over Dolphins

Patriots over Colts

1-2 last week  overall im 7-9. 

with that being said my picks for this week is 

pats over colts

titians over dolphins 

as for the Jags game  wait for it wait for it wait for it. 

I am picking JAGS over Texans!!!!  In my 6-10 prediction,i picked that to be our first win. Jags are 1 game ahead of that,cause i also had dolphins beating us. 

1-2 last week, 8-8 overall.

Jags

Fins

Pats
8-8

Houston. Switched to Jags cause Clowney out and Watt ill

Tenn

Pats
Welp... Not doing well this year... 6-6 overall and last week was a 1-2 record.

Phins

Pats

Jags

Last week  1-2

Overall 9-7

Week 6 selections;

Houston

Tennessee

New England
Jags

tacks

pats.

Houston

Miami

Patriots

It's sure be nice to see the Jags pull the win out and both Miami and New England win. That would put us right back in the division race but it's just hard for me to believe the Jags can win. The talent is there we just aren't finishing.

I reserve the right to switch my choice to Jax over Texans if Watt/Clowney are out
Well,

Pats - what else is new

phins - the team responds to getting rid of philbin

Jaguars -  the "new" Gus gets something out of these guys

Screw it. I'm going to be a homer and pick the Colts over the Pats. Everyone & everywhere I've seen people are picking the Pats, so that means it can't actually happen, right?

I'm sure I'll regret this.

Still sticking with Jags over Texans and Titans over Dolphins.

Quote:Screw it. I'm going to be a homer and pick the Colts over the Pats. Everyone & everywhere I've seen people are picking the Pats, so that means it can't actually happen, right?

I'm sure I'll regret this.

Still sticking with Jags over Texans and Titans over Dolphins.
I'm starting Vinatieri in fantasy. Concerning due to the fact your Colts won't hold the Pats to a single punt. Will Vinatieri get attempts when you're forced to go for TDs to keep up?
Well that was a worthless change for me. Should've known Hopkins is the next Jerry Rice
Pages: 1 2 3