Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Sign RB- Joe Banyard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He was a late cut by the vikings.  UTEP alum.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7813/joe-banyard

4.2 YPC with the vikings last season on 21 carries. 

With Pierce concussed, Yeldon with a groin strain, and Denard still recovering, it makes sense.  Craig Loston waived to make room. 

poor Loston

In before the other guy.... CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Better than Slowby Gershart.
I remember Banyard as a Jaguars UDFA in 2012 having caught Gene Smith's eye. I remember watching tape on him and being a bit intrigued at his rather unique power running style and those legs of his.

Yeldon's injury must be serious enough....

Are we about to trot out our worst backfield in years?

Gerhart, Grant, and Banyard?

Quote:Yeldon's injury must be serious enough....

Are we about to trot out our worst backfield in years?

Gerhart, Grant, and Banyard?

Its probably more to do with Pierce than it is to do with Yeldon.
It's just the practice squad

And Loston was terrible in the preseason. No big loss.

Quote:Its probably more to do with Pierce than it is to do with Yeldon.
Yeldon's injury was a groin injury....

I'm worried....

with no threat in the backfield, WATT and CLOWNEY will be able to just go after BB5
can he pick up the blitz ?

Quote:I remember Banyard as a Jaguars UDFA in 2012 having caught Gene Smith's eye. I remember watching tape on him and being a bit intrigued at his rather unique power running style and those legs of his.
Catching Gene Smith's eye should be the LAST thing this organization uses as a reason to bring a person in. Yikes.

I'll trust it for now tho as it's just a number and Loston has been disappointing anyway
Kind of cool to see a UTEP player sign with the Jags (I'm from/live in el paso). Hes an average NFL back up RB, but not much worse than Pierce.
Quote:It's just the practice squad

Dammit people. Can you please mention "to the practice squad" when it's merely to the practice squad?

Quote:I remember Banyard as a Jaguars UDFA in 2012 having caught Gene Smith's eye. I remember watching tape on him and being a bit intrigued at his rather unique power running style and those legs of his.
He's got some pretty good speed to go with that power, too. I mean, it's not Corey Grant speed, but he can take a hit without fumbling, so there's that...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...6-yard-run
Corey Grant should get the start, that fumble was LT Luke Joeckel's fault

Quote:Corey Grant should get the start, that fumble was LT Luke Joeckel's fault
Two yards and a cloud of fumble.

Edit: Also, Clay Harbor missed the block.

Quote:Dammit people. Can you please mention "to the practice squad" when it's merely to the practice squad?
HILARIOUS!!!

NH3...
I'd like to see Gerhart get multiple reps at the position. Given the opportunity I feel that he'll provide that much needed power punch what we the fans strive for...

IJS...

NH3...