Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gerhart should be cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i just rewatched the game. That missed block was disgusting.  Sick

He didn't even try to put hands on the guy! Cut this bum already.

I have downgraded him from Gerfart to GerSHART. Watching him play is about as pleasant as the post taco bell runs.
His salary is guaranteed  for the rest of the season - it was a mistake not to cut him in the preseason when it was obvious he wasn't going to be the starter.  You don't pay a backup RB $3M a year.  

Plus we have a slew of RBs injured leaving him as one of the only healthy backs.

Has there been any updates on Yeldon's groin or Pierce's concussion? It sounds like DRob may be only a couple weeks away from returning.

He's really just taking up a good number for another player at this point.

another David M. Caldwell gem

This board is great at creating terrible nicknames

Quote:This board is great at creating terrible nicknames
Not even slightly amusing. Just dumb.
Quote:His salary is guaranteed  for the rest of the season - it was a mistake not to cut him in the preseason when it was obvious he wasn't going to be the starter.  You don't pay a backup RB $3M a year.  

unless you are a HORRIBLE GM.....which some folks don't think we have. 
Quote:another David M. Caldwell gem

exactly. his supporters will never admit it. Go back and see how happy they were when we got him. a slow, non-productive RB. lol. sad 
Yep. I believe the arguments were:

"he's learned from AP!"

"he has low miles on his tires!"

"he almost won the Heisman!!"

If there wasnt an injury to Yeldon Bernard and Denard maybe but as of now we need the bodies unfortunately

Quote:If there wasnt an injury to Yeldon Bernard and Denard maybe but as of now we need the bodies unfortunately
well go get Ray Rice. Go get SOMEBODY...ANYBODY but Slowby. again....NO EXCUSES! Dave has not been good at his job. You are supposed to find those Gems....he has not. 
Quote:well go get Ray Rice. Go get SOMEBODY...ANYBODY but Slowby. again....NO EXCUSES! Dave has not been good at his job. You are supposed to find those Gems....he has not. 
Yeldon and Denard aren't good rbs? lol

Sorry our 3rd/4th best rb isn't up to par for you, but you are just finding ways to be angry man chill out lol

Also go on NFL rosters and tell me how many teams have their 3rd/4th rbs taht are far superior to Gerhart, the list won't be THAT long

Slowby is terrible. I still remember that Gerhorse thread when we first signed him smh lol...
Quote:Slowby is terrible. I still remember that Gerhorse thread when we first signed him smh lol...
Yes he is but its not like a ton of NFL teams are just crawling with elite depth and that depth is usually made to look better with better lines. And you know how our oline does with the run..
I still love the response that I got (back in July of 2014) when I questioned the analytics of signing a white RB to carry the workload as a primary RB for a 4 year period (which was the term of Toby's contract).

Somebody responded with Larry Csonka. 

Yes, we need to go back 45 years .....

... as JagFan1 stated ...... Slowby is terrible. I still remember that Gerhorse thread when we first signed him smh lol...

Quote:This board is great at creating terrible nicknames

MOBY Gerhert.

He's pretty much been a dick since he's gotten here.

... hey, where is the automated [bad word] tool   ???

Quote:I still love the response that I got (back in July of 2014) when I questioned the analytics of signing a white RB to carry the workload as a primary RB for a 4 year period (which was the term of Toby's contract).

Somebody responded with Larry Csonka.

Yes, we need to go back 45 years .....

... as JagFan1 stated ...... Slowby is terrible. I still remember that Gerhorse thread when we first signed him smh lol...

I'm not even sure being white even matter as much as the fact he sucks.
Quote:Yeldon and Denard aren't good rbs? lol

Sorry our 3rd/4th best rb isn't up to par for you, but you are just finding ways to be angry man chill out lol

Also go on NFL rosters and tell me how many teams have their 3rd/4th rbs taht are far superior to Gerhart, the list won't be THAT long

I like Yeldon...I like DRob....where did I say they suck? that response was to the folks saying we HAVE to play Toby due to injuries. PAY ATTENTION
Pages: 1 2 3