Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: SABMiller Accepts $104 billion AB InBev Takeover Offer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SABMiller Accepts $104 billion AB InBev Takeover Offer

SABMiller accepted a takeover proposal at the fifth time of asking on Tuesday after Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer, set out a cash and share package worth 68 billion pounds ($104.4 billion).

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/20...cmp=hplnws

I have a fear that very soon the only difference in the "domestic" beers that people order will be the label.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Customer: "I'll have a Budweiser"

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Bartender: "Here you go sir."

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Customer: "Hey! I ordered a Budweiser, not an MGD!"

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Bartender: "Oh, sorry sir. Let me just change that label for you. There ya go!"

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Customer: "Thanks. I really enjoy my Bud red label."

Quote:I have a fear that very soon the only difference in the "domestic" beers that people order will be the label.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Customer: "I'll have a Budweiser"

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Bartender: "Here you go sir."

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Customer: "Hey! I ordered a Budweiser, not an MGD!"

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Bartender: "Oh, sorry sir. Let me just change that label for you. There ya go!"

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Customer: "Thanks. I really enjoy my Bud red label."

No big deal, it's all "brewed" by Sammy the Clydesdale down in stall 6 anyway.
Exactly lol

Quote:No big deal, it's all "brewed" by Sammy the Clydesdale down in stall 6 anyway.

Lol!
Quote:I have a fear that very soon the only difference in the "domestic" beers that people order will be the label.
Big name American macro brews are just made by homeless guys peeing in a can anyway.
Now wait a second! Is it brewed by a horse or by a homeless dude? You guys need to get your story straight.

Quote:Now wait a second! Is it brewed by a horse or by a homeless dude? You guys need to get your story straight.
The higher end stuff like Bud Platinum has horse pee mixed in for added flavor, but the base is still pee from a homeless guy.
Quote:Now wait a second! Is it brewed by a horse or by a homeless dude? You guys need to get your story straight.

I've toured the Budweiser Brewery and Equestrian Center on the Northside.
Quote:I've toured the Budweiser Brewery and Equestrian Center on the Northside.

My Dad used to get cow feed from there. I spent a lot of time around that brewery as a child.

...maybe that's where it all went wrong...
Drink fine liquor. Vape fine herb.

Yeah, I know, speaking ill of beer is blasphemy, but when it comes to intoxicants, there are better alternatives, imho. Especially a product the of Budweiser or Miller breweries.

Quote:Drink fine liquor. Vape fine herb.

Yeah, I know, speaking ill of beer is blasphemy, but when it comes to intoxicants, there are better alternatives, imho.
You're good. AB and Miller pee water is not "beer".
Quote:You're good. AB and Miller pee water is not "beer".

Meh, the better alternatives just bring the entire category up to bearable.
Quote:Meh, the better alternatives just bring the entire category up to bearable.
Ever tried a good bourbon barrel stout?
Quote:Ever tried a good bourbon barrel stout?

No, do tell?
Quote:No, do tell?
Stout aged in a bourbon barrel. Delicious stuff. If you get a good one, it tastes more like bourbon than beer.
Quote:Stout aged in a bourbon barrel. Delicious stuff. If you get a good one, it tastes more like bourbon than beer.

Any particular label?
Quote:Any particular label?
Dragon's Milk. I think New Holland makes it. It's an otherworldly beer.

Goose Island also makes a bourbon barrel beer that's really good, but for real, Dragon's Milk.
A general rule of thumb when it comes to beer quality. If you've seen a television commercial for the beer your holding, it's not worth removing the cap.