Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Statistics wise, Bortles is a top 10 QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5th in TDs, 7th in YDS, 37th in completion %, 2nd in 40+ YD plays, 26th in QB rating

You take away that completion % and give him back those drops, Hes a top 10 QB in the league. I know its looking rough for bradley but I think caldwell has earned the right to pick a 2nd coach. Its pretty nice seeing a Jags QB in the top 10 on some stats. 

12th in QBR on the season, 5th this week.
Aside from completion percentage, his numbers are improved across the board.

http://www.nfl.com/player/blakebortles/2...areerstats

you mean passer rating.

And we are 1-4

With the good QB and all

And vastly ascending WRs

I actually believe the WRs are as good or better than the QB

They help him a lot

And hurt him sometimes

It all evens out over the long haul

The combo of Yeldon, Hurns, Robinson, and Thomas is scary and will be fun to watch.

Mike1989

Would it be nice for him to have a higher completion percentage?

Sure, but a sub-60 pct didn't stop hall of fame quarterback Dan Marino. He had 12 seasons with a sub-60 completion percentage, and only 5 seasons with one greater than 60 pct. He was one of the best quarterbacks of all time. Granted he never won the big game, but the Dolphins were generally a very competitive team.

Take two current quarterbacks. Andrew Luck was sub-60 pct in his first season, went above it the last two seasons, and this season he's back below 60pct. He's a three time pro bowler and consider a star QB. Then there's Cam Newton, he has two seasons with a plus-60 pct, and three seasons with a sub-60 pct including this season. Yet he's still a star QB.

So as long as Bortles continues to progress as a passer, and the team eventually wins more games (this will likely mean a new head coach and begin next season), then a sub-60 pct shouldn't be a major concern. It would be better if it goes above, but as long as he is prolific and wins, there are bigger fish to fry.