Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3-13, split with Tacks and Tinhorns. Where are the other potential wins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The remaining schedule doesn't look very favorable imo.
There's a very good chance we get swept by the tacks. They have a defense that can keep them in games and by the looks of our defense MM will probably have another career day.
I don't think the Jags are capable of winning any other games this season, unless they somehow manage to stop shooting themselves in the foot.
Only chance is at home versus subpar teams and thats only a 21% chance with Gus.
We should sweep the tinhorns...  We should beat the clots...  We should at least split with the tacks...

But all these "Should" games mean squat...  untill you the Jaguars can prove they can win the the NFL, there's really no reason to think they will win any games...  

We "should" be 3-2...

Hoyer and even Mallett could sit in the pocket and carve up our ice cream zone D. We will lose to them next week.

Our defense will hold Mariota to 150 yards passing, but only because he is pulled from the game after a 35-0 first quarter lead.

Any QB could light up Gus' ice cream defense. Four man rush with no pass rush threats, soft zone D with plenty of blown assignments, middle of the field wide open. Any QB could sit back there and pick a target, or if they get bored back there in the pocket, just lightly jog for a first down. I think Henne, or hell, even Gabbert could go for 300+ 3TDs, no turnovers.

If we can't stop old man Hasslebeck or Jameis freaking Winston then who the hell are we going to stop?!?!?!

1-15.
We won't win again. This team is in shambles, and they lost their faith in Gus today. No way you break character like that and keep the respect of your players.

They'll split with the tacks and tinhorn, but only because those teams will be smart enough to not screw up their draft positions. 

Lions, Saints, and Skins would be within the team's reach should they get their act together.  And with splitting the other games, I see us at 5-11 at season's end.

Quote:Lions, Saints, and Skins would be within the team's reach should they get their act together. And with splitting the other games, I see us at 5-11 at season's end.

The Lions are better than their record. Stafford would have all day to scan the field and carve us up.

The Saints will smoke us in December. Brees vs a Gus Bradley defense, cover your eyes it's gonna be ugly.

The Redskins...well we all saw what happened week 2 last year. They would smack us again if given the chance.

We are fans of the worst team in the league. Again.
Gus Bradley gon b 8-40
They'll manage 2-3 additional wins. 

Quote:They'll manage 2-3 additional wins.

Against who? It won't be against out of division opponents.

Maybe next year we can scrape together 3 wins. Did you not watch yesterday? We got smacked by THE BUCS lol
Everybody was killin me for saying this team would be 3-13 this season... :whistling:

Quote:Everybody was killin me for saying this team would be 3-13 this season... :whistling:

Yea that's way too optimistic. I'm sure you had the Bucs as a win lol. The highlight of our season has already come and gone. We barely beat a miami team that fired their coach already. Tannehill kept getting picked off by his practice squad players but of course our D couldn't pick him once.

1-15
As of right now, it's slightly optimistic to suggest that we will even split with the tinhorns or tacks. We seem to have really taken a giant step backwards this season. I think that the core talent to win is there, but (once again) injuries to key players have hurt us.

It's like the team has come to expect to lose instead of coming in ready to rip apart anyone in their way to victory. And that's what I see lacking in this team... the single minded will to win! When other teams (like for example, the bucs) smell 'blood in the water' they bring the house. The Jags on the other hand, will only send three or four. This just seems like poor game planning, or game planning to try not to lose rather than game planning to win! One is far more aggressive than the other...

I'm not a professional coach and don't have the insider knowledge the team coaches do. But I know this; what they're doing isn't working and all the 'stats' in the world mean nothing without those 'W's to go with them.

remember this:

it was professionals who built the titanic (which is what this team is starting to resemble). 

I'm sad to say that I'm modifying my original expectation of 6-10 to now... maybe... 4-12. Maybe they can split one with the tinhorns and tacks. And maybe we can get a 'trap' win elsewhere. Beyond that, I just don't see it the way these guys are not performing. Hell, Pierce even blocked for the bucs! And we wonder why we don't get much respect...