Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Stats We Haven't Seen In a Long Time (projections)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Sad Fan,

In a season that seems like we'll end up with either a 3-13 or 4-12 record, be out-coached practically every game, make minimal halftime adjustments, and generally just look inept; Bortles/A. Robinson/Hurns are all projected to hit numbers we haven't seen in years or possibly ever for some of the stats.

Quick projections here:

Bortles - 4,157 yards  32 TD's  13 INT's  6.9 YPA  57.1 PCT   87.2 RTG

Currently
T-3
in TD's with 10. 1st is Dalton w/ 11
4th
in yards

A. Robinson - 1,286 yards  13 TD's  70 Catches  18.3 AVG

Currently T-3
-in TD's w/ 4. 1st is Fitzgerald/J.Jones w/ 5   9th
in yards

Hurns - 1,376 yards  10 TD's  88 Catches  15.9 AVG

Currently 7th
in yards and looks incredible for a UDFA

It'll be something if they can make good on these numbers, but it'll be nothing more than a sad consolation prize if we end up with our objected win total of 3-13.

So if you're in the office tomorrow with some hack frontrunners, you can tell them "oh yeah?!?!?! Well, my team might be dreadfully bad, but so-and-so guy is awesome! He might lead the league in a stat or something. At least we won't go one and done for the 27th straight year like them Bangles!"

Stay safe and sane this year, everybody!

Its bc we play from behind all game.
I've got Hurns and A Rob in fantasy; I should have picked up Bortles but it would have caused a problem with the bye week.  It's really the only good reason to keep watching this hot garbage. 

No it's not, you are kidding yourself right. Today was a competitive game right until the end, Blake threw for 303 yrds because it was working and we couldn't run the ball effectively. He threw 3 tds to put us up 24-20. The Pats game yes, but the others were not garbage time stats.

Quote:Its bc we play from behind all game.

False...

It's because we have a young core of very good players...  

The defense just sucks, like really bad.

Quote:No it's not, you are kidding yourself right. Today was a competitive game right until the end, Blake threw for 303 yrds because it was working and we couldn't run the ball effectively. He threw 3 tds to put us up 24-20. The Pats game yes, but the others were not garbage time stats.

Bingo.

It's an easy narrative to fall back on for lazy posters who don't actually watch the games...  In prior years, we've had QBs (Gabbert) that got alot of garbage time yards...  BB5 is not doing that...

He is really beginning to get command of the offense.  I think the game hasn't completely slowed down for him...  But he looks better this week even compared to last week.  He's progressing every game, so far...

Houston is gonna be a big test for him and this offense...
Who cares, and we will have a worse record than last year
HOT TAKE!
Quote:Who cares, and we will have a worse record than last year

I doubt this is true, and even if it was, it means we have have a great young core for a sustainably great offense. In all honesty, it's more important to see that this year than to eke our way to some arbitrary win total that proves overall progress.

I still believe that this team may be very good soon. Just may need a different head coach.

Well we should have been leading the nfl the last few years then?
Next year we might be one of those big turn around teams, the talent is there on offense with a franchise QB, and we will have a healthy Marks and Fowler 

We need a good coaching 

That is actually not true. Only game we played behind ALL game was patriots.  The last drive I'll give you with the bucs.  Lets criticize when necessary, but not exaggerate when it fits our agenda.  
Quote:Who cares, and we will have a worse record than last year

It matters for the future which some of us Jag fans actually care about.  
Quote:Bingo.

It's an easy narrative to fall back on for lazy posters who don't actually watch the games...  In prior years, we've had QBs (Gabbert) that got alot of garbage time yards...  BB5 is not doing that...

He is really beginning to get command of the offense.  I think the game hasn't completely slowed down for him...  But he looks better this week even compared to last week.  He's progressing every game, so far...

Houston is gonna be a big test for him and this offense...

At this point, I'm more concerned about Bortles and his development.  The whiners will continue to do what they do, but we should be excited that we may have found our QB.
Bortles has been the best qb in the AFC south this year and seemingly better every week. It's not the Gabbert years here.
Quote:Bortles has been the best qb in the AFC south this year and seemingly better every week. It's not the Gabbert years here.

He is taking the next step you hope he would this year.  But as we saw with misreads this game, he has more room to improve.  That should excite fans because he should get there.
Even with the misreads and poor decisions, putting up 300 yards and 4 TDs is a great day. Hopefully the days of having 100 yards through 3 quarters are over.
Quote:Even with the misreads and poor decisions, putting up 300 yards and 4 TDs is a great day. Hopefully the days of having 100 yards through 3 quarters are over.

Even with your horrible posts and backhanded compliments, you makes some good points.
I think when you look across the AFC South right now there is a lot of potential for what this group could do for the next few years.

Even this year we have only played one division game... Hopefully these guys can go off against the tacks and tinhorns to lighten he mood around here
Pages: 1 2