Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: There are some playmakers on this offense.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hurns and A-Rob. It's been years since the Jags had a 1000-yard in a season receiver, and now we may have two of them.  I haven't felt this good about a WR pair since Thunder & Lightning.

Bortles.  If you throw out the Carolina game, he has 9 TDs and 2 INTs. I know he misses some wide open receivers, but this is something that is fixable, in my opinion.  The game will continue to slow down for him. He has all the physical tools, and the rest will come.  He seems to play with more confidence each game.

D-Rob. I really miss this guy. I know he won't make any of us forget about Mojo, but he was really hitting his stride before he got hurt.  He's got the speed.  I think he and Yeldon make a nice tandem.

Julius Thomas.  The Bucs were double covering him today, which is good for the WRs.  But eventually Thomas will start contributing too.

See, we all know Gus is gone. The new coach will not be facing a total rebuild. Not with the offense. So buck up, fellow Jags fans.  A piece has fallen into place - a very important piece.

TJ Yeldon is a keeper too, maybe even "playmaker". Poor guy needs someone to open holes and seals me edges for him.
Agree
Gotta wait an ENTIRE slow year to see this football team win. Sad... 

I'm happy we have those play-makers, but man, the season being over in October and talking about next year gets really old.

Quote:Gotta wait an ENTIRE slow year to see this football team win. Sad... 

I'm happy we have those play-makers, but man, the season being over in October and talking about next year gets really old.

I never thought we'd win more than seven games. To me, this season has always been about watching Blake improve. When he has games like this, I'm going to be very happy, because I know that a great QB is the cornerstone to a successful franchise.  We'll get a good coach. I just hope that Blake can handle a new type of offense.
Not trying to be funny, but is it possible the NFL will let us play with 12 guys?
Quote:Not trying to be funny, but is it possible the NFL will let us play with 12 guys?
Only if it's pierce as the 12th man
Quote:I never thought we'd win more than seven games. To me, this season has always been about watching Blake improve. When he has games like this, I'm going to be very happy, because I know that a great QB is the cornerstone to a successful franchise. We'll get a good coach. I just hope that Blake can handle a new type of offense.

His progress is very encouraging and truly enjoyably to watch.
Still need a #1 and better blocking, but the offense scored enough to win yesterday. Only so much you can do when the defense forgets how to tackle. Also there was strong emphasis on the two TE sets throughout the offseason and preseason, yet they've been completely invisible in the regular season