Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2 min drill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's the one formation (spread) where we advance the ball and score quite often. You think we would see more reps playing to that strength, besides on third down.

The problem is that the opposing team gets in a vanilla defense, playing prevent.

If they could do that for every snap, it would work lol.

Quote:The problem is that the opposing team gets in a vanilla defense, playing prevent.

If they could do that for every snap, it would work lol.

So are you saying every team should do it against us?
Our defense looked like it was in prevent mode all day.

Quote:Our defense looked like it was in prevent mode all day.

Thats how they play every game.
Quote:Our defense looked like it was in prevent mode all day.
Ice Cream Zone is our scheme, dude. Get with the program.
The truth is when we run the no huddle don't even have to be the hurry up we move the ball with relative ease.   4 of Blakes 6 td's have come from the No huddle or 2 min drill.  I also believe that is what UCF ran when he was the qb there...  I don't want to be a arm chair QB but even I can see the benefit of running it as it keeps the defense tired and on the field forces the defense to burn time outs and puts them in a base defense with little to no flexibility.  RUN THE NO HUDDLE FFS.  I will confirm my stats on the TD's just to make sure as I don't like to give out bad stats but i did a quick overview of his td's and that is what I came up with.