Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Random moments at Runningback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First Toby Gearhart gets in the game at the strangest time, then Cory Grant gets the same treatment this game. Why?

4 rbs...I swear if DRob was healthy we would've have seen 5 today... Mind blown.

Quote:First Toby Gearhart gets in the game at the strangest time, then Cory Grant gets the same treatment this game. Why?

The back up is hurt so they try to play matchups.
Because this team is coached like a little league team. Everyone has to play
Everytime Yeldon is finding some momentum he's brough off and Gerhart in: loss of a couple of yards or no gain and we are back at 2nd and 10-12. 

Quote:Because this team is coached like a little league team. Everyone has to play
I just heard on 1010xl that our 4th string running(Grant) back had a package for the Bucs game. lol. How do you spend time, precious time in a week, on your back up of the backups (only on the team because Arob is hurt) when you have Pierce, Gerhart, and Yeldon? Baffling.
Quote:The back up is hurt so they try to play matchups.
I understand that. But i swear it always happens when we have some momentum going.
Yeldon hurt his groin.
Quote:Yeldon hurt his groin.
Mike dirocco posted on twitter that yeldon was not hurt at the time when grant went in.He asked this exact question.
Gerhart is sooooo damn bad.
Of course they have a package for Grant.  He's a different style RB.  They would want to soften the D up with Yeldon and Toby then try to bust Grant loose outside.  Bad coaching would be to NOT have a package of plays for him.