Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags waive/injured Lotulelei activate Tripp from PS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didn't see this posted.  I assume they didn't really want to get rid of Lotulelei but needed the warm bodies. 

Go Griz!
They must not believe in Lotulelei to IR him. It was a concussion. Most he'd have to sit out is this Sunday.

Not even Championship
Quote:They must not believe in Lotulelei to IR him. It was a concussion. Most he'd have to sit out is this Sunday.
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Droid Sans', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">The Jacksonville Jaguars have promoted LB Jordan Tripp to their active roster and waived LB John Lotulelei with the injury designation to make room for Tripp.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Droid Sans', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Droid Sans', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">Should Lotulelei clear waivers, he would likely be added to their injured reserve list.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Droid Sans', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">Tripp, 24, is a former fifth-round pick of the Dolphins back in May of last year. He lasted over a year in Miami before he was waived at the start of this season.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Droid Sans', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">The Jaguars later signed him to their practice squad.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Droid Sans', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">In 2014, Tripp appeared in 13 games for the Dolphins and recorded three total tackles. However, he has yet to be active for a game this season.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Droid Sans', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">http://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-promote...lotulelei/
The screen pass he read and stopped in the preseason was a thing of beauty, its a shame was hoping he was going to be a good depth Ster for us.  Wouldn't be surprised if we see him on the roster again at some point.

W/[BLEEP] out due to an high ankle sprain, we must have the much needed depth at the LB position.  If [BLEEP] remains sidelined, Armbrister will start and Tripp will be the back up MLB. I honestly feel that if [BLEEP] didn't sprain his ankle, Lotulelei would still be on the 53 man roster even w/an concussion...

Next Man Up...  :thumbsup:

NH3...

Quote:Not even Championship
Wild card?
I don't know why Jags would add waive/injured him just to add him to IR later.  They could have just put him on IR if that was the intention. He probably earns league minimum so money shouldn't be a factor.  I think Jags want to add him back to active roster once he gets healthy, which is why the didn't IR him.

Quote:W/[BAD WORD REMOVED] out due to an high ankle sprain, we must have the much needed depth at the LB position.  If [BAD WORD REMOVED] remains sidelined, Armbrister will start and Tripp will be the back up MLB. I honestly feel that if [BAD WORD REMOVED] didn't sprain his ankle, Lotulelei would still be on the 53 man roster even w/an concussion...

Next Man Up...  :thumbsup:

NH3...
This filter is making me curious now.

EDIT: Oh I see now. The first three letters in Posluszny's name is filtered. I guess I can see that

Quote:I don't know why Jags would add waive/injured him just to add him to IR later. They could have just put him on IR if that was the intention. He probably earns league minimum so money shouldn't be a factor. I think Jags want to add him back to active roster once he gets healthy, which is why the didn't IR him.

He was likely waived injured because it's a short term injury but the team needs a healthy body at the position. By waiving him injured they give him the chance to catch on with another team and play again this year if he is claimed. Put yourself in a players shoes. Would you rather be sent straight to IR or waived injured knowing there's a chance you could be claimed and keep playing once you're healthy? If he isn't claimed he ends up on IR here.
Quote:He was likely waived injured because it's a short term injury but the team needs a healthy body at the position. By waiving him injured they give him the chance to catch on with another team and play again this year if he is claimed. Put yourself in a players shoes. Would you rather be sent straight to IR or waived injured knowing there's a chance you could be claimed and keep playing once you're healthy? If he isn't claimed he ends up on IR here.

And I disagree.  The team decides, not the player.  If they wanted to put him on IR, just do it. No need to waive him first.  If you want him on the active roster, then you waive him, hope he clears waivers, and then sign him again.  Then he's available to play. 
Quote:And I disagree.  The team decides, not the player.  If they wanted to put him on IR, just do it. No need to waive him first.  If you want him on the active roster, then you waive him, hope he clears waivers, and then sign him again.  Then he's available to play. 
If they put him on IR do they have to pay him/ If they waive him injured, would there would be a (final injury) settlement, unless he was picked up by another team?

I'm not sure how that works, but I do recall reading somewhere about injury settlements when cut/waived or what he would get paid on IR
Quote:If they put him on IR do they have to pay him/ If they waive him injured, would there would be a (final injury) settlement, unless he was picked up by another team?

I'm not sure how that works, but I do recall reading somewhere about injury settlements when cut/waived or what he would get paid on IR

That's why saying he's coming back to IR doesn't make sense to me.

If you don't plan to bring him back...... waiving him saves money....makes sense

If you want to bring him back to active roster, waiving makes sense, if he clears waivers, you can bring him back.

If you want him on IR....waiving him means you might lose him.  Simply put him on IR.  You pay him on IR. 
Quote:That's why saying he's coming back to IR doesn't make sense to me.

If you don't plan to bring him back...... waiving him saves money....makes sense

If you want to bring him back to active roster, waiving makes sense, if he clears waivers, you can bring him back.

If you want him on IR....waiving him means you might lose him. Simply put him on IR. You pay him on IR.

Do we know how serious the concussion was? I think we're forgetting that. If he's suffering severe symptoms it may be best to shut him down.
Quote:That's why saying he's coming back to IR doesn't make sense to me.

If you want him on IR....waiving him means you might lose him.  Simply put him on IR.  You pay him on IR. 
so what it sounds like, is they are indifferent to having or not having him back...They are willing to take the chance of losing him by waving him (injured) rather than just put him on IR to keep him safe...Or they are betting that no one would pick him up because he's injured and would be in the concussion program
Lots of young players sign split-salary contacts which cut their salary in half in the event of a serious injury. I believe a W/inj triggers the split, and placement on IR does not. Could be wrong.
Tripp had a nice block on grants medium return.
Kwon Alexander sure would have looked good in teal.