Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Be honest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If Bortles had sat all last year like what was originally planned and he was playing the way he is now we'd all be pretty optimistic. He needs to get better no doubt but he certainly has progressed and is playing at a decent level for a 2nd year starter with little veteran help. At least this team has been competitive in games except the patriots, and has a realistic shot at going 3-3. I know as fans we all are sick and tired of losing and patience in running thin, but you can't honestly look at this team and say it is not improving.
Until they start scoring more than 13 PPG, this fan base will remain cautiously optimistic at best. Scoring a point or two in the second half won't hurt either.
If you had to watch another full season of Henne, be honest, wouldn't you have slit your wrists?
I know I am the odd man out in this group think forum, but I believe the Jags O will be much better when a healthy Thomas and Lee are injected into the play calling.  Both players have playmaking ability, that is needed.

Our red zone offense is still a big problem. Hopefully return of JT will open things up a bit.

I'm optimistic because he's improved and playing well.
Quote:If Bortles had sat all last year like what was originally planned and he was playing the way he is now we'd all be pretty optimistic. He needs to get better no doubt but he certainly has progressed and is playing at a decent level for a 2nd year starter with little veteran help. At least this team has been competitive in games except the patriots, and has a realistic shot at going 3-3. I know as fans we all are sick and tired of losing and patience in running thin, but you can't honestly look at this team and say it is not improving.
You're absolutely correct. There isn't a honest Jaguar Fan that could state that our team isn't progressing in the right direction...

Not A One...

NH3...
Quote:Until they start scoring more than 13 PPG, this fan base will remain cautiously optimistic at best. Scoring a point or two in the second half won't hurt either.
Isn't 13 pts. the second lowest points scored this season? Meaning that we've scored in excess of 13 pts. twice and equaled it once...  :whistling:

NH3...
Quote:Isn't 13 pts. the second lowest points scored this season? Meaning that we've scored in excess of 13 pts. twice and equaled it once...  :whistling:

NH3...
9, 13, 23, 17. A whopping 2.5 more PPG than 13. We put 23 on a team that just fired their coach for losing the locker room and have not put up 20+ on anyone else. Take that game out, and we average 13 PPG. Neither ppg stat is impressive or even average. To answer the OP, a little, just like I was about Gabbert. I was slightly optimistic and leaned toward him developing into a good QB. Same with Bortles at this point, its too early to know. 
Quote:You're absolutely correct. There isn't a honest Jaguar Fan that could state that our team isn't progressing in the right direction...

Not A One...

NH3...

Our team? lol no...

Our QB? yes, Blake looked fantastic last week. We'll see if he can keep it up
You cannot say fantastic..we lost the game. We have a chance to beat TB cause our D has the ability to make them one dimensional. Once we get JT, Lee, D-Rob and Greene back in the line up it will help the offense, my only Q is how long before they get hurt again. Believe me, I don't want it to happen but do you think JT would've been out this long if he was still playing with Peyton.. I didn't think so either. The D is getting even stronger too and once they get healthy OOOh MYY. Now if the Refs would just call some holds, hands to the face, PI, and Hits to the head on the other team we might have a chance.  

Bortles is the one part of the roster I'm encouraged about
I'll be honest. I would much rather watch BB5 and his journey in the NFL then any other QB the Jags have had on the roster since DG left.

Quote:I'll be honest. I would much rather watch BB5 and his journey in the NFL then any other QB the Jags have had on the roster since DG left.

Agreed! And some before DG.

My top 3 qbs are now

Brunell

Garrard

Bortles

And Bortles has potential to take his skill to a level above them.
Meh they were a bad team last year and look to be a bad team this year. 

Quote:Agreed! And some before DG.

My top 3 qbs are now

Brunell

Garrard

Bortles

And Bortles has potential to take his skill to a level above them.

If David Garrard would have had these fricking receivers to throw the ball to. 
Quote:Believe me, I don't want it to happen but do you think JT would've been out this long if he was still playing with Peyton.. I didn't think so either. 

What does mean? That Thomas came to Jacksonville for vacation? That Peyton would yell at him to get back on the feild?
Quote:What does mean? That Thomas came to Jacksonville for vacation? That Peyton would yell at him to get back on the feild?

It's blatantly obvious that he's here for the $, i don't care how much flak i take for pointing that out, it's the truth

he doesn't want to play
Quote:It's blatantly obvious that he's here for the $, i don't care how much flak i take for pointing that out, it's the truth

he doesn't want to play

Yes, he came here because we paid more, but I do not get why you equate that to mean he just wants to sit out and not play. I mean most football players will tell you that the most excruciating part of football season is mini-camp/training camp outside, especially in the Jacksonville summer.  He did all that.

By your logic, he would have sat all of that out as priority to the sitting out Game days. Also he is practicing during the week with workouts, running routes, etc. What is more exhausting running, weights, and cardio vs catching passes with reps?
Quote:Yes, he came here because we paid more, but I do not get why you equate that to mean he just wants to sit out and not play. I mean most football players will tell you that the most excruciating part of football season is mini-camp/training camp outside, especially in the Jacksonville summer.  He did all that.

By your logic, he would have sat all of that out as priority to the sitting out Game days. Also he is practicing during the week with workouts, running routes, etc. What is more exhausting running, weights, and cardio vs catching passes with reps?

Oh to be a young Jaguar fan. 
Pages: 1 2