Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting stat TJ Yeldon!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just head on NFL live on ESPN that TJ Yeldon is the 2nd most productive rookie right behind Amari Cooper in yards from scrimmage. Yeldon has 301 yards from scrimmage!

I watch the games and don't seem to see how well he is doing but the stats do not lie. I guess the offense not executing properly makes it look bad on some players. Yeldon is doing great and has a lot of potential!

He gets a boatload of touches.

He has a decent amount of more touches than any other rookie RB, but he has also played well considering he runs into an 8 man box in the middle a lot.
Yeldon has the most rushing carries in the NFL without a fumble.  Keep it going rookie.  I've been hard on him but the offensive line has been lackluster to start the season.  I'm starting to reserve hope he will continue to get better throughout the season.

The most critical thing is to hold onto the football young man. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player...ngAttempts

His average per rush is low compared to other RBs. OL needs to open up some holes for Yeldon!

I keep seeing flashes of why he was drafted. With better blocking those flashes would turn into dominant running.

Yeldon has surprised me, i cant wait till he gets a nice size hole to run through one day to see what he can do with it
He looks durable also which is a need for this team
He plays through injuries.
Teams load the box with 8 or more, and he gets stuffed usually. We need to start punishing teams for doing that.

Quote:Teams load the box with 8 or more, and he gets stuffed usually. We need to start punishing teams for doing that.

Thankfully Bortles throws a real nice playaction.
Quote:Yeldon has the most rushing carries in the NFL without a fumble.  

that is an amazing stat.  One of the most glaring "weakness" in his game prior to being drafted were his frequent fumbles.

Props to him and the coaching staff!
Quote:Teams load the box with 8 or more, and he gets stuffed usually. We need to start punishing teams for doing that.

Odd considering Bortles is great against the rush and in PA. You think they'd drop some defenders back.

I can't wait to be there for Yeldon's first NFL touchdown against the Bucs this weekend!
Just wait for Gurley.... Dude is gonna take over here soon.

Really like Yeldon and appreciate McCoy comparing him to Leveon Bell. Dudes already earning some respect.
Yeldon has had his moments so far, just wish we could help him out some more.

Quote:that is an amazing stat.  One of the most glaring "weakness" in his game prior to being drafted were his frequent fumbles.

Props to him and the coaching staff!

The coaching staff doesn't get many of these.

"We want more"
Quote:Thankfully Bortles throws a real nice playaction.

I like when they do the double plat action (fake the run, fake thr reverse, execute the pass and catch).

That play is a thing of beauty (when it works, when Lee is healthy)
Quote:I just head on NFL live on ESPN that TJ Yeldon is the 2nd most productive rookie right behind Amari Cooper in yards from scrimmage. Yeldon has 301 yards from scrimmage!

I watch the games and don't seem to see how well he is doing but the stats do not lie. I guess the offense not executing properly makes it look bad on some players. Yeldon is doing great and has a lot of potential!

Statistics lie all the time. And even when they don't, the numbers are often misleading. Go by what you see on the field, not what you read on paper.
Hard to tell if Yeldon is just being impatient, or our line doesn't get any push what so ever.

In terms of the eye test, I think Yeldon will be good. I'm seeing lack of patience here and there, but the dude runs hard. Has some sweet moves too (no homo)
Yeldon is going to be good i believe.

One thing to note is he seems to have stopped doing that patented side step bounce outside at times. He really showed good vision with it and put a couple nasty jukes on defenders. Its that rare wiggle but he seems ot be favoring a more pounding style the last few weeks.

Hoping the staff isnt trying to change that. It does occasionally create losses but its his bread and butter and if used correctly works great with inside to outside runs which was his forte at bama.
Pages: 1 2