Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Move Toby Gerhart to FB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I called it from day one when we signed him, horrible signing. Not even close to NFL RB speed. I understand he's been coming off injury this year, but that doesn't change anything. However, I do think he can be productive as a fb, both in run blocking and pass protection. Heck , maybe even a few fb dives. The fact is, he just isn't anywhere near fast enough to be an NFL RB.

We're four games into the season. The offense is built with no fullbacks (other than Alu Alu in short yardage). And you want to move him to fullback? A little late for that, don't you think?
Alualu does fine

I think it's funny when people automatically pencil Gerhart to fullback without addressing a simple yet important question regarding this potential change:

Does anyone know if he can block? I mean I get it, he's white and kinda slow, but is that alone enough to make a fullback?
Move him to the PS..

Move him to LT and Alualu to WR because he caught a pass.
This definitely distinguishes itself from the other five Gerhart threads. Fo Sho. Good job.

Also, no.

White RB so he must know how to block.
Serious question.  What difference does it make?  Gerhart has hardly seen the field this year.  Changing the official designation of his position isn't going to change the offense.

He's a decent power back, assuming we can get the ball near the goal line.

Quote:I called it from day one when we signed him, horrible signing. Not even close to NFL RB speed. I understand he's been coming off injury this year, but that doesn't change anything. However, I do think he can be productive as a fb, both in run blocking and pass protection. Heck , maybe even a few fb dives. The fact is, he just isn't anywhere near fast enough to be an NFL RB.

You don't haft to have blazing speed to be an NFL RB. Gerhart has had some unfortunate circumstances that has set him back. Primarily injuries and the drafting of Yeldon also hurt his status. I agree that Robinson and Gerhart would've been an good combination, but I also sgree that Yeldon and Robinson will be an good combination. Placing Gerhart at our Non Existing FB position is likeable though...

NH3...
The fullback is such a rarity now a days. It'd be more sound to convert him to an H-back type. But, right now he's depth. We need Robinson back and Gerhart won't even see the field.

Quote:He's a decent power back, assuming we can get the ball near the goal line.

He'll be our short yardage back... Hopefully...

NH3...
didn't we have this discussion already... last year?

Quote:I think it's funny when people automatically pencil Gerhart to fullback without addressing a simple yet important question regarding this potential change:

Does anyone know if he can block? I mean I get it, he's white and kinda slow, but is that alone enough to make a fullback?

I thought those were really the only two check marks for a fullback. 
Quote:I called it from day one when we signed him, horrible signing. Not even close to NFL RB speed. I understand he's been coming off injury this year, but that doesn't change anything. However, I do think he can be productive as a fb, both in run blocking and pass protection. Heck , maybe even a few fb dives. The fact is, he just isn't anywhere near fast enough to be an NFL RB.
He's not a FB.  He's not being moved to FB.  You called it from day 1, and you've been wrong ever since.  People don't usually cause injury as they try to pat themselves on the back for something that they were wrong about.
Quote:I think it's funny when people automatically pencil Gerhart to fullback without addressing a simple yet important question regarding this potential change:

You see, the serious question in your reply means you're actually thinking. As opposed to my Madden-generation peers, who just assume. Because hey, I'd do it on Madden (on a side note, he does make a decent FB on there, typically better than the place-holder no-name filling the position otherwise, lol). So yeah, let's just move him to FB. He's kinda bigger, definitely seems slower than the average HB (and he's white), so surely he'd be a good FB.

Wait... do we even have a FB? EVEN BETTER! BEST FB ON THE TEAM!
Literally might be the last thing we need to worry about.
Quote:You see, the serious question in your reply means you're actually thinking. As opposed to my Madden-generation peers, who just assume. Because hey, I'd do it on Madden (on a side note, he does make a decent FB on there, typically better than the place-holder no-name filling the position otherwise, lol). So yeah, let's just move him to FB. He's kinda bigger, definitely seems slower than the average HB (and he's white), so surely he'd be a good FB.

Careful.  Those Maddenistas get pretty defensive when you point out where they generate the majority of their football smarts.
Quote:You see, the serious question in your reply means you're actually thinking. As opposed to my Madden-generation peers, who just assume. Because hey, I'd do it on Madden (on a side note, he does make a decent FB on there, typically better than the place-holder no-name filling the position otherwise, lol). So yeah, let's just move him to FB. He's kinda bigger, definitely seems slower than the average HB (and he's white), so surely he'd be a good FB.

Marcedes can fall for 6 yards every time I hand it to him as a fullback in Madden...
Pages: 1 2