Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles against the blitz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's impressive. if they can rack up some W's his confidence will soar. As he goes the team goes. Experience will prove most beneficial for him. It's obvious that the game is slowing down for him.

I think we should print the shirts.
So refreshing after Gabbert acted like they were bringing everyone at him when they'd only rush 4.
inb4 don't matter he still sucks

don't matter he still sucks  :teehee:

But didnt we already coin #blainebortles
Damnit! I wish I hadn't already declared my doneness regarding Bortles.
So over him
I wish they would run the 2 minute drill a little more
So we should blitz Brady right?
Quote:So we should blitz Brady right?
No! He's good against that. We need to play Ice-Cream Zone against him.
Quote:No! He's good against that. We need to play Ice-Cream Zone against him.

That's like saying I should jump of a building because this aspirin isn't curing my headache.

The truth is to beat Brady you need to get consistent pressure with a 4 man rush because if you start taking guys out of coverage he will find his quick read and torch you with it.

Sadly with a depleted line and a fading Clemons that didn't happen.

And btw the ice cream and sprinkles routine stopped being funny about week 15 last season... I dont mind negativity and strongly approve of sarcasm but at least freshen up the act once in a while.
Quote:That's like saying I should jump of a building because this aspirin isn't curing my headache.

The truth is to beat Brady you need to get consistent pressure with a 4 man rush because if you start taking guys out of coverage he will find his quick read and torch you with it.

Sadly with a depleted line and a fading Clemons that didn't happen.

And btw the ice cream and sprinkles routine stopped being funny about week 15 last season... I dont mind negativity and strongly approve of sarcasm but at least freshen up the act once in a while.
1. Might as well if nothing works. You know Brady is going to destroy you if you don't bring pressure, so why not? At the very least you could hit him hard and get him out of the game. He could get hit releasing the ball and we could get a pick. Try and make something happen, don't just sit around and get picked apart.

2. #BecauseJaguars our defensive line is trash with all the injuries. There's no possible way to get pressure with just 4.

3. Is it suppose to be funny? The Ice Cream Philosophy is very real, man. 

Quote:1. Might as well if nothing works

2. #BecauseJaguars our defensive line is trash with all the injuries. There's no possible way to get pressure with just 4.

3. Is it suppose to be funny? The Ice Cream Philosophy is very real, man.
So

Just to clarify this your logic is

Something must be done .... This is something ... Therefore we must do it

You're made for politics
Quote:So

Just to clarify this your logic is

Something must be done .... This is something ... Therefore we must do it

You're made for politics
Well, if a guy has a gun to your head and wants to kill you

A. Do you try and make a move

B. Do you just wait to get shot

It isn't rocket science, dude.
I'm going to say that Bortles is the answer at quarterback, but he needs help from the running game. He won't be a Rodgers or Brady, but he'll be solid and it'll be enough to be the best QB we've ever had when he retires.

Quote:Well, if a guy has a gun to your head and wants to kill you

A. Do you try and make a move

B. Do you just wait to get shot

It isn't rocket science, dude.

Live in the UK not my problem
Quote:I'm going to say that Bortles is the answer at quarterback, but he needs help from the running game. He won't be a Rodgers or Brady, but he'll be solid and it'll be enough to be the best QB we've ever had when he retires.

Those two are all timers. The next level with guys like Roethlisberger and Rivers would be okay.
Pages: 1 2