Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rookie of the Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TJ Yeldon is up for it; vote him up! Smile

I didn't see this posted; sorry if it's a duplicate. Also, link wouldn't save, but it's on their main page.

GO JAGS!!

NFL.com

Done!!!
So far he is leading all of the rookie RBs in rushing yards, though his average is below what we'd like.  Tampa is 30th against the rush, so hopefully he will be able to improve his average on Sunday.

raweyejag

Thanks for posting

Go Yeldon, but what he did pales in comparison to Gurley's performance.

After watching his highlights for Rookie of the Week, Yeldon seems to be an odd mixture of Fred Taylor and MJD. He has Fred's feet, but has MJD's power to turn plays for no gain into medium sized gains. I think the future is bright for this guy. 

Quote:Go Yeldon, but what he did pales in comparison to Gurley's performance.

All RBs performances paled in comparison to Gurley's, not just TJ's.

lol@ your wall of shame.
Can't give him the nod givin the other rookie performances.

But I'm glad he is coming along nicely.

had to vote for Gurley

I mean, lets be honest here

lol I never vote unless there's a Jag. Biased? Yes, and proud of it! hahaha

GO JAGS!!

Quote:Go Yeldon, but what he did pales in comparison to Gurley's performance.
^^^^ THIS!    Not even close!
Quote:After watching his highlights for Rookie of the Week, Yeldon seems to be an odd mixture of Fred Taylor and MJD. He has Fred's feet, but has MJD's power to turn plays for no gain into medium sized gains. I think the future is bright for this guy. 
He has nice footwork, but is slower than both and i don't see the power that MJD had at all.  I think he'll be a nice back, but i don't see him becoming as good as either of these two.
Quote:He has nice footwork, but is slower than both and i don't see the power that MJD had at all.  I think he'll be a nice back, but i don't see him becoming as good as either of these two.
You think so? I think he showed great speed on that run when he burst through in overtime. But yeah, MJD and especially Freddy T were faster coming out of college.
How could he possibly be up for such recognition?  The message board GMs have determined he sucks.  This is clearly rigged.

Quote:You think so? I think he showed great speed on that run when he burst through in overtime. But yeah, MJD and especially Freddy T were faster coming out of college.

What made MJD great was his ability to break up tackles. I can't remember seeing any other running back get so many yards after contact like he did,

Taylor will always be known as the best running back in team history unless we get someone like Adrian Peterson so there is no point comparing anyone to him.
Quote:How could he possibly be up for such recognition?  The message board GMs have determined he sucks.  This is clearly rigged.

That probably is why my thread with the vote link quickly sun toward the bottom. Everyone knows T.J. Yeldon still does not deserve it.
Quote:How could he possibly be up for such recognition?  The message board GMs have determined he sucks.  This is clearly rigged.
I must have missed this.  I know there was some concern after his first preseason showing, but this message board has been overly positive about TJY as a whole.  Guess you just want to call everyone out again to make yourself feel important.
When has that ever mattered when fans are voting?
Quote:You think so? I think he showed great speed on that run when he burst through in overtime. But yeah, MJD and especially Freddy T were faster coming out of college.

MJD or Fred would've housed that run.