Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF article on Bortles improvement/Olson's scheme change has benefited our young offense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A little less in depth than I was expecting but a good read
Blake is still a work in progress, I think he's two years away from becoming the elite QB that Jaguars drafted him to be, but once he arrives lookout. His upside is a big strong armed composed QB that can dissect defenses downfield, and Greg Olson is playing to those innate strengths. If he keeps developing at this rate the Jaguars should be competing sooner than later.

Nice article, out offense is moving the ball well.

I wish there was some rational explanation as to out second half slumps...

raweyejag

Good and Honest assessment. Team 4th in dropped passes 11 total for 118 yards but hey it was GB fault they dropped them no harm no foul 

Good read, yeah Bortles still has room to grow but thats expected. I do see a future NFL QB with him though and his yards should only continue to grow as our weapons mature and others get healthy.

IMO, at this time I believe that BB5 is the 2nd best QB in the AFCS. How long has it been since that has happened?

I can't imagine anyone putting him ahead of Luck right now, even as much as Luck has struggled this year. Luck has proven he can carry his team to wins against bad teams and has made the playoffs all 3 of his years in the NFL, so he's still tops for now.

As far as Mariota goes, I haven't seen a whole lot of the rookie yet, but I will be paying close attention when the Jags meet the tacks for their 2 division games later on in the season.

Mallet got benched last week with the Texans training 42-0, but will start again on Thursday Night, so I'll get a better look at him, but as of know I would say BB5 is better.

These are only my opinions and I am not a professional QB evaluator.