Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Johnathan Cyprien finally turning the corner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He had a really good game this week. He was all over the place and did a great job diagnosing plays as they happened and hitting guys for short gains. He's always had the physical skill set to be a great in the box safety. If he can play with this much competence consistently from now on that would be great.

He played well. Lets hope it continues.

Quote:He played well. Lets hope it continues.
Thread
He finished last season with three of the best games in his career. I think he began turning the corner late last season.

He is starting to recognize and diagnose a bit faster which is putting him in better position. As long as he stays on the field and continues to get reps, the game should really slow down and he can show off his athletecism

Quote:He finished last season with three of the best games in his career. I think he began turning the corner late last season.
Yea. If we chock his bad first game up to him still being hurt, then that makes 4 straight games he's played well in.
Also helps that he had someone decent at FS. Paired with Sergio, or even Sample again, he should do well against Tampa.
I can't decide if I like sample more at fs than brown. I do believe sample is the future there but I think brown is the out and out starter. I do think cyp is turning that corner. The announcers the other day were gushing about him.
Was IMO his best game as a Jag. I was very impressed by his run support but especially by his tackling WR's short of the marker.
He was all over the place. Just wish we could get some pass rush. That would make the back seven look a lot better.

Quote:Also helps that he had someone decent at FS. Paired with Sergio, or even Sample again, he should do well against Tampa.

I think this makes a big difference.
Quote:Also helps that he had someone decent at FS. Paired with Sergio, or even Sample again, he should do well against Tampa.

I think this makes a big difference.
The last time a Jaguars player turned the corner, he got pulled over, arrested and thrown into Da Slammer! for illegal possesion.

https://youtu.be/vfnxF33wuvM
Cyp had a really good game. Tackles all over the place. Any team in the league would like him on their squad.
Quote:Cyp had a really good game. Tackles all over the place. Any team in the league would like him on their squad.
Unless they're Seattle or KC.
Quote:He is starting to recognize and diagnose a bit faster which is putting him in better position. As long as he stays on the field and continues to get reps, the game should really slow down and he can show off his athletecism

Yep, the game is slowing down and he's playing faster, extremely positive sign. Let's hope it continues.
nope

he still takes horrible angles

he's JAG

Quote:nope

he still takes horrible angles

he's JAG

Just do what all of the other whiners on this board do.  I can't give you specifics, but I'm sure that Xbox and Playstation both probably have a reset button somewhere.
Quote:I can't decide if I like sample more at fs than brown. I do believe sample is the future there but I think brown is the out and out starter. I do think cyp is turning that corner. The announcers the other day were gushing about him.

I'm on this same boat. Sergio is awesome, just such a personality and energy on the field, along with very good play. While I think Sample will be better eventually. I still think I'd want Sergio starting while Sample learns the pro game a bit more.
Quote:He was all over the place. Just wish we could get some pass rush. That would make the back seven look a lot better.

How nice it must feel to get great pressure with only four lineman. Makes the hole backend look so much better.
Pages: 1 2 3