Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: T.J. Yeldon nominated for Rookie of the Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vote here: http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2015/R...0000550789

Congrats to him on his first 100-yard game.

Yeldon with Robinson might be really fun to watch.
Nice yards, but need to hit the end zone more.

I feel like he's going to become a truly great back in this league.

Quote:Yeldon with Robinson might be really fun to watch.

Yeah I think the plan is to have a running back committee when everyone is healthy. Yeldon can only get better from here.

raweyejag

THANKS FOR POSTING

I guess I'm not sold, the colts have had the worst Run D for like ten years.  Watching yeldon play there were a lot of plays were I thought to myself, I gerhart was in with his just hit the hole style the run would have went for 4-5 more yards..

The big thing I've noticed was that Yeldon will get to the hole or right before then stutter step, or as the casters like to say "seabird" around waiting for something to happen.  On the majority of plays it cost him a  5-6 yard gain.  He is looking for a homerun every play which is great, but the best backs like MJD and AP took on the contact and made the defender their B[BAD WORD REMOVED].  Yeldon seems like he's looking to avoid contact if he can to hit a homerun and that might work in college but not as much in the NFL. 

Looking at his highlight tape from the pole, literally what I said comes to fruition.  No highlights were he stutters or dances around in the backfield, just where he hits the hole with power and decisiveness and in almost every time it resulted in 5-10 yard gains.  Hopefully they emphasis this on tape this week so that he fades into more of that style of runner. 

Quote:I guess I'm not sold, the colts have had the worst Run D for like ten years.  Watching yeldon play there were a lot of plays were I thought to myself, I gerhart was in with his just hit the hole style the run would have went for 4-5 more yards..

The big thing I've noticed was that Yeldon will get to the hole or right before then stutter step, or as the casters like to say "seabird" around waiting for something to happen.  On the majority of plays it cost him a  5-6 yard gain.  He is looking for a home run every play which is great, but the best backs like MJD and AP took on the contact and made the defender their B[BAD WORD REMOVED].  Yeldon seems like he's looking to avoid contact if he can to hit a homerun and that might work in college but not as much in the NFL. 

Looking at his highlight tape from the pole, literally what I said comes to fruition.  No highlights were he stutters or dances around in the backfield, just where he hits the hole with power and decisiveness and in almost every time it resulted in 5-10 yard gains.  Hopefully they emphasis this on tape this week so that he fades into more of that style of runner. 

I doubt Toby Gerhart would have gained more yards. He is only on the roster for short gains, not to break out a long run, and third on the depth chart.

If a running back can get over 100 yards in a game, he must be doing something right. I am sure whatever T.J. Yeldon does wrong is fixable.
Todd Gurley is clearly going to win it. But, nice to see Yeldon looks good.

Quote:I doubt Toby Gerhart would have gained more yards. He is only on the roster for short gains, not to break out a long run, and third on the depth chart.

If a running back can get over 100 yards in a game, he must be doing something right. I am sure whatever T.J. Yeldon does wrong is fixable.
TJ Yeldon's biggest run was his 36 yarder which came in overtime. Had that game ended in regulation he would have failed to reach the 100 yard mark for the 4th week in a row. He's also yet to score a TD. Yeldon at this point is looking like a reach in the 2nd round.
Quote:TJ Yeldon's biggest run was his 36 yarder which came in overtime. Had that game ended in regulation he would have failed to reach the 100 yard mark for the 4th week in a row. He's also yet to score a TD. Yeldon at this point is looking like a reach in the 2nd round.

The touchdowns will come  So will more 100-yard games. But I have low expectations for him right now because he always runs up the middle and often gets stuffed.
Quote:Vote here: http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2015/R...0000550789

Congrats to him on his first 100-yard game.

He's in first place among the rookie running backs in total yards!