Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Conspiracy Theory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First off, I get it, we all hate losing and anyway you shake it, what the team ended up with yesterday was a loss, BUT and to me it is more of a BIG BUTT, there is something about the NFL that is not totally on the up and up.

I believe that the NFL Ref's FAVOR the more established team that is FAVORED to WIN because they normally win more games than they lose. Case in point was the Colt drive where the Refs were throwing flags just to keep the Colts drive alive. NFL Refs are human, but I still think that they see things like we all do with CONDITIONAL EYES, meaning they SEE WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE and conversely they tend to put their thumb on the scale at critical times in a game when the play of a underdog could upset the applecart against the more established team.

Do BETTING LINES come into play or FANTASY STATS which have BECOME BETTING LINES have some impact on the way Refs call the game? I don't know but sometimes it SURE LOOKS LIKE the Ref's are FAVORING the TEAM FAVORITE over the underdog.

Lastly, did anyone notice the way the football moves away from the center of the goal posts on the last three kicks at the end of the game. IT WAS NO ACCIDENT that the Colts left the Big Window open at one end of the field and that the COLTS in LOSING the coin toss CHOSE the end REQUIRING the Jags kicker to KICK AGAINST a STRONG CONCENTRATED WIND coming into the field from that end. THIS IS A TRUE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE similar to what the PATRIOTS do with their open end of their home field. The Colts stadium with the roof open acts like a chimney and it DRAWS a concentrated blast of air which is directed towards the Field Goal Posts on that end of the field. The Colts can open and close that window as they need but it in my mind the OPEN WINDOW DEFINITELY EFFECTS long field goals by pushing them away from the center of the goal posts.

I truly believe that if the game were played outdoors, then Jason Meyers would have made those kicks.

Is the NFL LEGIT? If MONEY is INVOLVED then you can BET there is a SCAM IN PLAY. The Patriots are KINGS of the Scam, but the Colts are not far behind. Remember the PIPED IN CROWD NOISE of years past?

I commented on Meyers last kick already. That thing was going dead center then all of a sudden it hooked left hard. I've never seen anything like it in 20+ years of watching football. It was almost like a really bad Charlie Brown skit.
Illuminati?

WOW!

I get that it's not cool to say that a game is rigged, especially when your team was the one that lost.  It looks desperate, and pathetic.

HOWEVER, if ANYONE (I like this random Caps thing) thinks that a corporation with this many billionaires and millionaires would be willing to invest so much and leave it all up to chance, you're crazy.  I refuse to believe that there isn't some risky business going on in all professional sports leagues.  None of these guys got to where they are in their wealth by taking stupid chances.  I may not think the game is rigged necessarily, but there's been plenty of stuff in the NBA that led me to believe it was rigged, so why not the NFL potentially?

It's something to think about if nothing else.  And it gives my brain a break from discussing how terrible we are right now. 

This thread is pure comedy.

[Image: agJIP.gif]

We all know there is A LOT of, "underground money" aside from the normal betting, on the line for every game.

The higher-ups in the NFL have a lot more control than people think. 

Refs do get slanted in their decisions.

Remember when Cam Newton recently mentioned how the Ref's told him that he had not EARNED the special privilege of the Ref's calling fouls against him because of his relative youth in the game?

The Ref's call the games as they see them and I am not sure that all their calls are truly legit.

Most fans know this and the result was INSTANT REPLAY, but the problem still persists.

Quote:We all know there is A LOT of, "underground money" aside from the normal betting, on the line for every game.

The higher-ups in the NFL have a lot more control than people think. 

Refs do get slanted in their decisions.

So is that why the Giants beat the Bills?
Quote:Remember when Cam Newton recently mentioned how the Ref's told him that he had not EARNED the special privilege of the Ref's calling fouls against him because of his relative youth in the game?

The Ref's call the games as they see them and I am not sure that all their calls are truly legit.

Most fans know this and the result was INSTANT REPLAY, but the problem still persists.

Yep. And the NFL came down on him and had him apologize. It happens tho. They penalized us like 65 yards on that one TD they had. It was ridiculous. Especially the personal fouls. No reason for that. Let them play.
Quote: 

Lastly, did anyone notice the way the football moves away from the center of the goal posts on the last three kicks at the end of the game. IT WAS NO ACCIDENT that the Colts left the Big Window open at one end of the field and that the COLTS in LOSING the coin toss CHOSE the end REQUIRING the Jags kicker to KICK AGAINST a STRONG CONCENTRATED WIND coming into the field from that end. THIS IS A TRUE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE similar to what the PATRIOTS do with their open end of their home field. The Colts stadium with the roof open acts like a chimney and it DRAWS a concentrated blast of air which is directed towards the Field Goal Posts on that end of the field. The Colts can open and close that window as they need but it in my mind the OPEN WINDOW DEFINITELY EFFECTS long field goals by pushing them away from the center of the goal posts.

We won the toss and could have easily picked the direction we wanted to defend if the wind was concerning.
Quote:We won the toss and could have easily picked the direction we wanted to defend if the wind was concerning.
Or tried to pick up more yardage so the kicker was closer.  That is allowed.
The personal foul they called on Telvin might have been the worst call in the history of professional sports.
I think some *players* get preferential treatment from the refs, this happens in all professional sports.  I don't think particular teams do.  If that were the case and it was systemic, then surely it would have been exposed by now.  The kick was caught by the wind which the announcers said was blowing at the time.  Teams don't mind using the elements to help themselves from time to time and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yes...

ref's are human (I think) and therefore not above preferential influence. Yes, a stadium like the one in Indy really can provide a real 'home field advantage'. And most definitely yes; when big money is involved there is a distinct possibility that it influences how games turn out.

Having said all this however, an even bigger influence on one's fortune is proper preparation. For the most part, the Jags killed themselves without any need of outside help from the dolts or the ref's.

Break out the tin foil hats!

I get what your saying and you make some good points, as most conspiracy theories do. 

However, the fact is... we just suck all around. We somehow cursed the gods. The Mighty Odin tempted us with that kick,only to simply blow it away with his powerful might. 

Yeah I could believe it.

Quote:Remember when Cam Newton recently mentioned how the Ref's told him that he had not EARNED the special privilege of the Ref's calling fouls against him because of his relative youth in the game?

Watch the replay of the exchange between he and Hochuli.  I'm not sure what the rest of Hochuli's lips were saying, but in my mind he clearly mouthed the word "running" as in "you were running" and not "you're a youngin" or "you're too young" or anything else that might have supported what Cam said he heard.  

The accusation alone doesn't automatically turn it into "evidence" for your argument.
[Image: 1DNuv2t.jpg]

Last year we were the least penalized team in the NFL.

Seattle was the most penalized.
Pages: 1 2