Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I get that it's an emotional game and people are frustrated, but if Myers puts either one of those kicks between the uprights about half of the posts I have read would be coming from a place of encouragement and optimism instead of "the sky is falling" negativity. Take a second to breathe people. Not saying it was pretty or that there is not room for improvement, but our team was in position to win the game and simply choked. Not saying we should look at moral victories or making excuses.. Not saying we shouldn't have won the game either.. or that being upset is not justifiable.. just keep in mind as some of you have a full meltdown that we were about 6 inches away from you beating your chests in celebration and pumping yourselves up about a possible playoff run. One which is still possible with 12 games to play for what it's worth. That's all... You can go back to saying who should be fired or cut now. Lord knows the team couldn't use your support, since they get paid, they couldn't possibly be angry about losing this game too.
Scobee would've won yesterday. Caldwell likes to get rid of vets to gamble on unproven players. It's a veiled attempt to tank and help draft position. Caldwell understands we're not going to the playoffs any time soon and wants high draft picks
Scobee was cut because he was hitting 60% of the time.  There's nothing to indicate he would have magically been better yesterday.

The problem right now is that this is a young team that hasn't learned how to win games.  That will come...hopefully. 

Scobee had his problems with the Steelers and us, last year.
I want to believe; I really do. But there's so much reflecting these coaches are failing the players. I agree, Scobee might have missed them too. However, we're saying this going off of what happened in Pittsburg and some of last year. However, we've all had a lot of faith in him. The staff chose to let him go and take a chance on the rookie. A rookie with no background of consistency. With such an inexperienced team, these kind of games need a proven player. Scobee was that player. I happen to think, if Scobee was still here, we would have won the game. Kicking in Pittsburg after being traded from an area you love would kill any player. I think if Scobee was still here, it would be different. But that's all in the past, but the staff created this. It's bad decisions and bad playcalling that's hurting us.....

GO JAGS!!

You do realize that all the kickers for the Jags during the preseason Blew games this week. TWICE! each

he missed. we dont want no participation trophy. 

If I was a player it would cross my mind that a coach is 8-28 I can't take it anymore.

Even with a win, I don't think many people would have walked away with a positive outcome for the rest of the season.

I mean, for crying out loud, we were playing against this guy...

[Image: Paul_Blake.jpg]

Perspective is a very interesting thing.  But I don't think this thread necessarily provides it.  We could just as easily say: "If Gerhart broke a 50 yard td run we would've won by 4 in regulation and no one would be saying the sky is falling!"  Well, yeah maybe.  Of course if the bad plays were actually good plays we'd be more positive.  That's kinda the point. 

Quote:If I was a player it would cross my mind that a coach is 8-28 I can't take it anymore.

Your chosen member name is an unrealized dream. It's understandable for you to take that position.
Quote:Scobee was cut because he was hitting 60% of the time.  There's nothing to indicate he would have magically been better yesterday.

The problem right now is that this is a young team that hasn't learned how to win games.  That will come...hopefully. 

Learn to win games? What the hell does that even mean?

You learn how to win in Kindergarten.
Quote:Your chosen member name is an unrealized dream. It's understandable for you to take that position.

What I can agree upon is that there is a slight chance Bortles throws to Blackmon one day as well as a slight chance Gus improves his 8-28 record. 
Ok, so I'm over the clot debacle. If we beat the bucs, we're sitting at 2-3 and still in a good position to win the division.

Blake looked good, burns is the man. ar15 had a good game, and Yeldon is coming on strong.

If Gus has a brain transplant, we may still make the playoffs.

I'd love a win this Sunday.
Quote:Scobee was cut because he was hitting 60% of the time. There's nothing to indicate he would have magically been better yesterday.

The problem right now is that this is a young team that hasn't learned how to win games. That will come...hopefully.

No it wont. Not with this coaching staff
Quote:I get that it's an emotional game and people are frustrated, but if Myers puts either one of those kicks between the uprights about half of the posts I have read would be coming from a place of encouragement and optimism instead of "the sky is falling" negativity. Take a second to breathe people. Not saying it was pretty or that there is not room for improvement, but our team was in position to win the game and simply choked. Not saying we should look at moral victories or making excuses.. Not saying we shouldn't have won the game either.. or that being upset is not justifiable.. just keep in mind as some of you have a full meltdown that we were about 6 inches away from you beating your chests in celebration and pumping yourselves up about a possible playoff run. One which is still possible with 12 games to play for what it's worth. That's all... You can go back to saying who should be fired or cut now. Lord knows the team couldn't use your support, since they get paid, they couldn't possibly be angry about losing this game too.

Optimism is something that many on this board lack.  It's only the first quarter of the season, and if anyone honestly says that prior to the start of the season the Jaguars would have a better record at this point they are full of it.
I came away with a different "perspective" than the majority of posters from what I can tell. This was the first time I felt assured that Bortles is a legitimate NFL QB that can take this team somewhere. I also came away feeling that Caldwell has assembled a roster that is legitimately on a talent level with the rest of the league. We appeared to my eyes to have more talent than a Colts team that is on the downswing. I can't say I came away very hopeful about our head coach. While I don't think the jury is ready to completely render a verdict, he looks like he's the weak link so far. He may be a great motivational speaker, but we have an undisciplined and unorganized team and he seems over his head. I suppose we'll have that answer soon enough. 

Quote:Learn to win games? What the hell does that even mean?

You learn how to win in Kindergarten.
Have you ever actually played any sport?

Young teams that are struggling gain confidence through winning.  As they start to cobble together wins, it tends to snowball.  There's an absolute mindset that teams who win consistently share. 
Quote:No it wont. Not with this coaching staff
It seems unlikely, but there's always a chance. 
Send Myers back to the bush league, MAYBE he could kick for the Sharks. But he doesn't belong on an NFL field.
Pages: 1 2 3